Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 758294 times)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #2980 on: November 19, 2020, 01:00:16 PM »
;D  I think that ship has already sailed, but I'm sure she'll welcome your suggestion  :-X

But remember , quiet weans don't get any sweeties. . ;D

;D  I've already posted two items of clothing on here that I know my darling wife has bought me for Christmas.  I think I'd be pushing it if I showed her this link as well  ;D

As my mother used to say: "If you don't ask, you don't get" . She also used to say: "Don't press your luck", tho'  ;D

You've both got to remember that both myself and my wife are from Yorkshire, where we are renowned for having short arms and long pockets  ;D   

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: November 19, 2020, 02:30:26 PM »
;D  I think that ship has already sailed, but I'm sure she'll welcome your suggestion  :-X

;D  I've already posted two items of clothing on here that I know my darling wife has bought me for Christmas.  I think I'd be pushing it if I showed her this link as well  ;D

As my mother used to say: "If you don't ask, you don't get" . She also used to say: "Don't press your luck", tho'  ;D

You've both got to remember that both myself and my wife are from Yorkshire, where we are renowned for having short arms and long pockets  ;D

Ffs , you both come from Paisley  8 ::)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: November 19, 2020, 05:28:55 PM »

That saying is crystal clear even for a Spanish lad, Paul  ;D

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: November 19, 2020, 11:14:54 PM »

Ffs , you both come from Paisley  8 ::)

Yes, I'm sure that Yorkshire folk and the Scots are cut from the same cloth

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: November 19, 2020, 11:15:29 PM »

That saying is crystal clear even for a Spanish lad, Paul  ;D

;D ;D ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2985 on: December 01, 2020, 12:21:24 PM »
Newcomers to Yoox's own brand, 8:

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: December 06, 2020, 11:05:47 AM »
Liking a lot this ARKET tweed blazer: all wool, 3 buttons, great lapels width (hey, Mike  ;)!) and not too dear (225 , which makes it something to watch come the sales). There are even troos to match it, if someone wants a makeshift suit!

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/men/tailoring/product.casual-blazer-tweed-orange.0930785001.html

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: December 06, 2020, 02:04:50 PM »
Liking a lot this ARKET tweed blazer: all wool, 3 buttons, great lapels width (hey, Mike  ;)!) and not too dear (225 , which makes it something to watch come the sales). There are even troos to match it, if someone wants a makeshift suit!

https://www.arket.com/en_eur/men/tailoring/product.casual-blazer-tweed-orange.0930785001.html

Button stance look good, but the cut's a little "boxy"(being half lined, that could be remedied).
If you look at the picture of the model wearing the matching trousers, I think they're going for the "Frankenstein's Monster Fit" ;D.
Also, not to "nit pick" (why stop now?) but I'd preferd "bolder" check. something like:
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: December 06, 2020, 06:30:45 PM »

Button stance look good, but the cut's a little "boxy"(being half lined, that could be remedied).
If you look at the picture of the model wearing the matching trousers, I think they're going for the "Frankenstein's Monster Fit" ;D.
Also, not to "nit pick" (why stop now?) but I'd preferd "bolder" check. something like:

I actually prefer the check of your pic, Mike, but beggars can't be choosers; I'm after a decent dogtooth blazer since god knows when, but nothing cheap and nice coming my way (I should have got my tailor to make it -and a madras sports jacket- when I still had money  :().

Regarding the "boxy" shape, I don't mind it myself, we'll be grateful of having some boxy jackets sooner than later  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: December 06, 2020, 07:52:33 PM »
I got my dog tooth jacket in the Next sale a couple of years ago you would not believe what l paid for it. 3 buttons , pure new wool , spot on fit , lovely lining.  .etc
As for the trousers looking like "Frankenstein fit" maybe that is just because Frankenstein is wearing them. 
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!