Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 821293 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3070 on: February 19, 2021, 11:33:33 AM »
Opposite side of the spectrum from Fred Perry price-wise, and from the new H&M collection. Not particularly impressed by the jacket though it's a 3 button number and besides 100% cotton. But I do love that yellow/mustard shade of the button-through polo (also all cotton), so I've pulled the trigger on that, at 30 € is a steal:

Really liking the polo, not sure I could bring myself to wear it due to the Arsenal connection  ;D

One has to be cautious there with the clobber colours he chooses, it seems. It's funny, as here even the most commited football fan wouldn't think about those colour associations!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: February 19, 2021, 11:34:34 AM »

I like the button through too , it's just not a colour that l would wear personnally.

Something to do with football, Simon?  ;)

For me the colour is the main attraction
Nah , nae fitba' angle this time as it looks nothing like a Morton tap but possibly a cycling angle as the Maillot Jaune must be earned and has a certain, reverence 😇.   .for me . .

There's also a cycling "taboo" then!  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: February 19, 2021, 12:09:11 PM »

I like the button through too , it's just not a colour that l would wear personnally.

Something to do with football, Simon?  ;)

For me the colour is the main attraction
Nah , nae fitba' angle this time as it looks nothing like a Morton tap but possibly a cycling angle as the Maillot Jaune must be earned and has a certain, reverence 😇.   .for me . .

There's also a cycling "taboo" then!  ;D
Yes  , l wouldn't wear red polka dots on a white jersey  either . .that would be sacrilege 🤪
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: February 19, 2021, 01:55:46 PM »
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: February 19, 2021, 06:25:05 PM »
Ok, ok... NO! I wouldn't !  But you have to give them credit for lining up the the stripes of the jacket and trousers!  :o

https://www.atomretro.com/product_outfit.cfm?product_id=40068&utm_source=Indie%20Apparel%20Limited&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=12181054_Hendrix%20Stripe%20Collection&utm_content=60s%20suit&dm_i=ZZG,792YM,UTIIM0,TECC3,1

Ha Ha Mike,

Yeah I got an email from them advertising their 'Hendrix' suit; with the option of trousers with flares or mod cut i.e. slim.

I don't think I'll be beating down their door!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3075 on: February 19, 2021, 06:28:10 PM »
Yep, I hope they don't hold their breath while waiting for me too! Seriously, who can wear that? Even Hendrix would throw up just seeing it. It looks like a costume of a cartoon character impersonating Austin Powers!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3076 on: February 19, 2021, 06:29:02 PM »
But you have to give them credit for lining up the the stripes of the jacket and trousers!  :o

Attention to detail, Mike  8)  ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3077 on: February 19, 2021, 06:57:36 PM »
But you have to give them credit for lining up the the stripes of the jacket and trousers!  :o

Attention to detail, Mike  8)  ;D

Actually they’ve reversed the cloth on the jacket’s right side so if you look closely you’ll see the stripes DON’T line up!
Pity that otherwise I’d have been right after it.

(Nah!)

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #3078 on: February 19, 2021, 08:01:26 PM »
Opposite side of the spectrum from Fred Perry price-wise, and from the new H&M collection. Not particularly impressed by the jacket though it's a 3 button number and besides 100% cotton. But I do love that yellow/mustard shade of the button-through polo (also all cotton), so I've pulled the trigger on that, at 30 € is a steal:

Really liking the polo, not sure I could bring myself to wear it due to the Arsenal connection  ;D

One has to be cautious there with the clobber colours he chooses, it seems. It's funny, as here even the most commited football fan wouldn't think about those colour associations!

Not even the colour this time, Hector Bellerin written inside is enough for me  ;D

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3079 on: February 19, 2021, 08:50:48 PM »

Not even the colour this time, Hector Bellerin written inside is enough for me  ;D

Noice😇
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!