Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 821298 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3080 on: February 19, 2021, 09:08:26 PM »
But you have to give them credit for lining up the the stripes of the jacket and trousers!  :o

Attention to detail, Mike  8)  ;D

Actually they’ve reversed the cloth on the jacket’s right side so if you look closely you’ll see the stripes DON’T line up!
Pity that otherwise I’d have been right after it.

(Nah!)

Of course, Rod, it's just your style to a T!  ;)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3081 on: February 19, 2021, 09:51:50 PM »
Yep, I hope they don't hold their breath while waiting for me too! Seriously, who can wear that? Even Hendrix would throw up just seeing it. It looks like a costume of a cartoon character impersonating Austin Powers!

Well , you know , it might have been ideal stage attire back in the day but for the rest of us l'm sure you would only wear it for a bet . . .or maybe , not even that . .

But nowadys if you wore that down the supermarket ( where else can you wear it out ) , most people wouldn't even bat an eyelid as we have all seen Joe Soap wearing worse than that. .
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 09:54:34 PM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3082 on: February 20, 2021, 11:59:48 AM »
Yep, I hope they don't hold their breath while waiting for me too! Seriously, who can wear that? Even Hendrix would throw up just seeing it. It looks like a costume of a cartoon character impersonating Austin Powers!

Well , you know , it might have been ideal stage attire back in the day but for the rest of us l'm sure you would only wear it for a bet . . .or maybe , not even that . .

... Or to a fancy-dress party!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3083 on: February 20, 2021, 06:45:02 PM »

. .if you could find one , well at least , one that would let you in like that . .

The last fancy dress party l went to , the hosts were in two minds whether to let me in and l was dressed up as Biden ! And l don't mean Hunter or Jill. .!  Something about inappropriate.  .
I got in eventually but there is still turmoil about it and l never got to make my State of the Union address. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3084 on: February 20, 2021, 08:40:41 PM »

That would have to be a "very" fancy dress party. 

With acid!!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3085 on: February 23, 2021, 03:40:50 PM »
Not for everybody (or anybody :D)
I'm not sure I could pull it off, but these striped jeans from Anglozine caught my eye:
https://www.anglozine.london/products/aa-ss-21-the-026-indigo-stripe
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3086 on: February 23, 2021, 04:51:45 PM »
They would look rather smashing as you scamper through the Florida swamp lands, being pursued  by a stern looking chap wearing mirror shades, with a couple of hound dogs by his side. 

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #3087 on: February 23, 2021, 07:46:01 PM »
They would look rather smashing as you scamper through the Florida swamp lands, being pursued  by a stern looking chap wearing mirror shades, with a couple of hound dogs by his side.

“What we’ve got here is ... failure to communicate!”

(That was my answering machine greeting back when people had actual Jim Rockford style answering machines and got creative with the greeting messages!)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3088 on: February 23, 2021, 07:50:17 PM »
Not for everybody (or anybody :D)
I'm not sure I could pull it off, but these striped jeans from Anglozine caught my eye:
https://www.anglozine.london/products/aa-ss-21-the-026-indigo-stripe

TBH, Mike, I prefer my jeans standard stuff, call me conservative  ;). That striped motif looks better in proper trousers, seersucker for instance, imo.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3089 on: February 23, 2021, 07:56:39 PM »
Never thought I'd like something by Armani, but this knitted polo is interesting. More to my tastes, and admittedly more "mod-looking", a long sleeved polo by Lemaire with great collar. The Armani number is outrageously expensive (360+ €), but the other one could be something to keep an eye on for the sales (180 €).