Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 821297 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3190 on: April 01, 2021, 05:50:58 PM »
Prefer myself the blue checks one, Mike

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: April 04, 2021, 03:33:34 PM »
Nice . One could get a reputation for oneself wearing that colour around these parts , right enough, ken.

Ha ha, I've always wondered about men so insecure in their "maleness" that pink scares them.
While working at Brooks Bros. a lot of male customers would buy every color of shirt we had, show them the pink one, and they acted like it was radioactive! A shirt we stocked since the mid- 50's, that couldn't be more Ivy league "conservative"...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: April 04, 2021, 05:43:26 PM »
Nice . One could get a reputation for oneself wearing that colour around these parts , right enough, ken.

Ha ha, I've always wondered about men so insecure in their "maleness" that pink scares them.
While working at Brooks Bros. a lot of male customers would buy every color of shirt we had, show them the pink one, and they acted like it was radioactive! A shirt we stocked since the mid- 50's, that couldn't be more Ivy league "conservative"...

A colour I dislike in every other garment... but shirts. A pink shirt is versatile as few other shades are, it looks fantastic in a sunny day -given you're not of the whiter-than-milk type, mind you- and enlivens a formal dark-suit attire in a way the archetypal pale blue shirt can't.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: April 04, 2021, 07:07:44 PM »

A colour I dislike in every other garment... but shirts. A pink shirt is versatile as few other shades are, it looks fantastic in a sunny day -given you're not of the whiter-than-milk type, mind you- and enlivens a formal dark-suit attire in a way the archetypal pale blue shirt can't.

Yeah   , l  do have a pink shirt which looks great with my blue Tonic suit but that's as far as it goes , no pink jackets,  socks,  strides or underwear for that matter . No ma style and whit wid Woody say, ba fcuk?

. .. .or the Laird fur that matter.  .
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 07:11:01 PM by Simon Bond »
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: April 05, 2021, 09:14:49 AM »

Yeah   , l  do have a pink shirt which looks great with my blue Tonic suit but that's as far as it goes , no pink jackets,  socks,  strides or underwear for that matter . No ma style and whit wid Woody say, ba fcuk?

I could do with pink socks, or at least vertical pink stripes on more sober socks!  ;D

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #3195 on: April 05, 2021, 01:11:31 PM »

I could do with pink socks, or at least vertical pink stripes on more sober socks!  ;D

Don't have a problem with a dash of colour but pink resides closely to floral print shirts and OTT Paisley prints , a bit too flamboyant for my style - but hey , if that's whit floats ones sailing craft then by all means , indulge .😇😇😜

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: April 07, 2021, 09:32:30 PM »

I thought this might be handy to have in the wardrope for a wee trip to the away end next season , or the one after that , or the one after that -or whenever we are allowed to congregate again . .(please delete as appropriate. .). .who knows , they might even bring back the porridge-munching kiosks.

Love that collar.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: April 08, 2021, 09:39:13 AM »

I thought this might be handy to have in the wardrope for a wee trip to the away end next season , or the one after that , or the one after that -or whenever we are allowed to congregate again . .(please delete as appropriate. .). .who knows , they might even bring back the porridge-munching kiosks.

Love that collar.

Yep, those are nice, Simon. Part of the new Ska & Soul range, if I'm not mistaken?

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: April 08, 2021, 01:34:22 PM »

Love that collar.

Yep, those are nice, Simon. Part of the new Ska & Soul range, if I'm not mistaken?

Si , you are not mistaken.  It was the collar that caught my eye , looks great.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2021, 11:13:27 PM by Simon Bond »

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: April 08, 2021, 02:09:38 PM »
I've liked a few of their tops recently but never sure of the quality. Does anyone have any experience of their gear that could advise?