Author Topic: MODS - THE NEW RELIGION. LATEST UPDATE.  (Read 21172 times)

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
Re: MODS - THE NEW RELIGION. LATEST UPDATE.
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2013, 05:49:56 PM »
Looking forward to that showdown!
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

Chris_Casey

• Sixties Fan with a Mod Heart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Casey Combo on Band Camp
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2013, 07:16:23 PM »
As you know-- I'm looking forward to the results of this match up, Smiler!
Hope it all went well and you had FUN!
Keep the faith, keep on keeping on, and keep it Mod!

monday

• Just joined since 1962
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2013, 06:20:10 AM »
Just listened to Modcast 26.
Great show Smiler
Looking forward to October when your book is released.
Its in the blood.

Smiler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 28, 2013, 12:48:56 PM »
Just listened to Modcast 26.
Great show Smiler
Looking forward to October when your book is released.

Many thanks,appreciated.

Monkey

• View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #24 on: May 28, 2013, 04:29:41 PM »
Just listened to it. Quite difficult to comprehend four people all jabbering away at once about what Mod is. I couldn't work out who was saying what half the time. What it did show - once again - is how many versions of Mod there are but we knew that. Glad it didn't come to blows!
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

Chris_Casey

• Sixties Fan with a Mod Heart
    • View Profile
    • Chris Casey Combo on Band Camp
« Reply #25 on: May 28, 2013, 04:35:39 PM »
Smiler, you already know my thoughts on the show!  ;)
As I always do with The Modcast, I enjoyed it a great deal.
However, I still find it a bit funny that Mr. Weight sort of tried to gloss over (or outright backtrack on!) some of what he wrote in his book.
I think, like Monkey has said, it did show (once again) just how many takes there can be on this thing called Mod.
Keep the faith, keep on keeping on, and keep it Mod!

Smiler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:33 PM »
Just listened to it. Quite difficult to comprehend four people all jabbering away at once about what Mod is. I couldn't work out who was saying what half the time. What it did show - once again - is how many versions of Mod there are but we knew that. Glad it didn't come to blows!

It's funny I love listening to the Modcast. It is a great show but actually being on it can be frustrating when you actually want to say something but the conversation doesn't flow in that direction. I had a couple of things I really wanted to ask Richard Weight on air but never got the chance. One that I thought was interesting was that his book ended with 'in some ways we are all Mods now' and he has been hounded by some for that remark. Just after its release David Cameron used the 'in some ways we are all Thatcherites now' after Thatched died. He too courted the same abuse.
I did ask Richard after but he hadn't even thought about it.

As for how varied opinion on Mod is..well it is a broad....

Monkey

• View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2013, 06:44:39 PM »
I could tell that Smiler. It seemed like a mad scramble for people to get their point across. Understandable of course. For what it's worth (not a lot) I pretty much agreed with all your points.

Smiler

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2013, 06:55:25 PM »
I could tell that Smiler. It seemed like a mad scramble for people to get their point across. Understandable of course. For what it's worth (not a lot) I pretty much agreed with all your points.

Thanks. Richard Weight came across as a nice fella in truth. The strange thing is that maybe he felt out of his depth (or comfort zone) surrounded by long term 'scenesters' and seemed to agree pretty much with everything I said. And as Chris Casey pointed out he seemed to back peddle a bit on some of the things said in his book. He said in that interview that he is a lifelong Mod....but nobody seems to know him at all. Then again,though,we hit that...can you be a Mod without entering the scene discussion...so who knows?

Monkey

• View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2013, 09:59:20 PM »
He said in that interview that he is a lifelong Mod....but nobody seems to know him at all. Then again,though,we hit that...can you be a Mod without entering the scene discussion...so who knows?

I noticed that and raise a quizzical eyebrow. Certainly his book gives more of an impression of being an interested outsider rather than a card carrying member. Most Mods don't even admit to being Mods!