Author Topic: Recent vinyl purchases  (Read 23994 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Recent vinyl purchases
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2017, 05:17:29 PM »
Cheers Ian! That's more or less what happens to me, obviously we've grown up listening to similar stuff.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2017, 07:26:04 PM »
Anyone ever slimmed down their collection?

In the process now.  Albums wasn't too hard, but singles is a toughie,  I'm trying to get down to around 200 singles with it ever evolving...bit like John Peels record box...with only my favourites surviving the cull.

Have to say it's quite a cleansing experience knowing all my albums/singles are going to be played and not just part of a collection.
Not stuck in the 60's

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 07, 2017, 08:57:28 AM »
I suppose being a mod forum most will post music that's mod related...makes sense ;D, it does get a little boring though.
Well,  my latest new vinyl was Caitlin Rose's The Stand-In so that's Nashville, the poppy end I suppose, probably not many mods involved in that recording. I also recently got a couple of Verdi operas second hand, nice big boxes.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2017, 10:22:18 AM by roundmidnight2 »

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2017, 04:03:23 PM »

In the process now.  Albums wasn't too hard, but singles is a toughie,  I'm trying to get down to around 200 singles with it ever evolving...bit like John Peels record box...with only my favourites surviving the cull.

Have to say it's quite a cleansing experience knowing all my albums/singles are going to be played and not just part of a collection.

Did get rid of 100s of LPs about six years ago due to financial/accommodation pressures. Part of me definitely regrets it, in a way, but felt had little choice at the time. Pleased I didn't touch my singles (bar one or two) and only released those from the "rock and pop" rather than the "soul and jazz" sections. In truth there aren't many I've gone to play only to find I've not got them anymore. A few times.
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2017, 05:20:07 PM »

Did get rid of 100s of LPs about six years ago due to financial/accommodation pressures. Part of me definitely regrets it, in a way, but felt had little choice at the time. Pleased I didn't touch my singles (bar one or two) and only released those from the "rock and pop" rather than the "soul and jazz" sections. In truth there aren't many I've gone to play only to find I've not got them anymore. A few times.

I guess I'm ok in that boat as I don't have any expensive records so if I do get rid and regret it I can always get them back with little cost.
Not stuck in the 60's

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2017, 11:42:29 AM »
Well I'm now upping my singles limit to around 450.  Should get it down to around 300 so plenty of room when I see a 'must have'.
Not stuck in the 60's

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 12, 2017, 06:39:06 PM »

Benjamin Booker - witness
Superb 2nd album (features Mavis staples on title track)