Author Topic: What do you ride?  (Read 8852 times)

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
Re: What do you ride?
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 11:41:33 AM »
my s/s

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 12:04:58 PM »
I'm guessing they're aren't too many hills where you live  ;) Unless you have thighs like Sir Chris Hoy ;D

Col Wolfe

• East Anglia
    • View Profile
    • >>> Spoke Records <<<
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 12:57:24 PM »
Yeah, East Anglia is very flat  :)

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 03:13:19 PM »
Yeah, East Anglia is very flat  :)

Flat roads are nice, but you can beat a murderous climb up some steep mountain  ;D

One of me taken back in August after a 45 minute climb, which I'll admit to using the "granny gear" for most of it. Worth it for the views from the top though:

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2015, 11:33:25 AM »
I treated myself to one of these after I unfortunately left my old bike unlocked outside my house overnight. And yes I am aware of the stupidity of this. Suffice to say that only time I have ever not locked my bike was the time it was nicked. Anyway, the new one is lovely. I was a bit concerned at having hydraulic discs on a road bike (I use it for commuting and around town) but they seem fine so far.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/cube-sl-road-race-2015/cube-urban-bikes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/59823?listing=true
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2015, 12:16:22 AM »
I treated myself to one of these after I unfortunately left my old bike unlocked outside my house overnight. And yes I am aware of the stupidity of this. Suffice to say that only time I have ever not locked my bike was the time it was nicked. Anyway, the new one is lovely. I was a bit concerned at having hydraulic discs on a road bike (I use it for commuting and around town) but they seem fine so far.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/cube-sl-road-race-2015/cube-urban-bikes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/59823?listing=true

Nice one ,Leon . It looks like a road bike apart from the bars , what my mate calls a "flat barred racer" 8)

l have a couple of road bikes myself having given away my all terrain bike because I simply wasn't using it . .

I used to love it when I cycled to and from work , tho' never on a Friday because of too many nutters at home time. . :o
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 03:08:32 PM »
Giles I hope you don't mind but when I clicked on your photo of the bike (a bit too vintage for me) I had a wander through your other photos on photobucket.

Two questions:
1. Was the Adidas trainer photo posed for or did you just spot a lucky line of nice trainers?
2. Dog and the porcupine quills. WTF?

Sorry if I was being too intrusive.

Life is too short to listen to s**t music

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 09:06:54 PM »
I've also got these two.

MK2 Chopper, 1974 I think:

Raleigh trade bike, not sure about the age (the dog's not keen):

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 09:35:46 PM »
I've also got these two.

MK2 Chopper, 1974 I think:

Raleigh trade bike, not sure about the age (the dog's not keen):

Looks like a fizzy lemon Chopper , one of which I got brand new about 40yrs ago and the other looks like a classic butchers bike , the question being is the dog as fit as a butcher's dog. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

GILES

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 09:13:05 AM »
Giles I hope you don't mind but when I clicked on your photo of the bike (a bit too vintage for me) I had a wander through your other photos on photobucket.

Two questions:
1. Was the Adidas trainer photo posed for or did you just spot a lucky line of nice trainers?
2. Dog and the porcupine quills. WTF?

Sorry if I was being too intrusive.

Ha ! Sorry, I am s**te at posting photos and did it in a rush ?Could have been worse I suppose !!
I support FC United of Manchester and they were a group of lads standing next to us, a nice throw back.
F*** knows with the dog ! Years old, think someone sent it to me and as an owner of Staffies, it typified their curious nature !
I`ll get me coat.