Author Topic: Seen any good plays recently?.....  (Read 1130 times)

Iain F

• Style & Manners.
    • View Profile
Seen any good plays recently?.....
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:23:48 PM »
OK, I've put this up 'cos I've been to the theatre for the first time in ages last night but I thought we do deserve a seperate thread for the stage.

Saw 'The Hothouse' last night, absolutely bloody marvelous it was, got some very cheap tickets that made it even better and our seats were great too.

Everyone in the cast was brilliant, Pinter play so the dialogue was fantastic and got to see Mr John Simm do his stuff live which was a joy to behold (big fan!). Apart from all this there's some great 50's styling going on, Mr Simm's glasses were particularly ace and so was some of the furniture. I'd highly recommend it.

Luke Moralta

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Seen any good plays recently?.....
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 10:23:30 AM »
I am not a theatre buff, I do enjoy it though, but I don't attend it near enough. I went to see Howie the Rookie at the Project Arts Centre in Dublin a couple of weeks ago and it was fantastic.

It stars Tom Vaughan-Lawlor (now best known as Nidge in Love/Hate these days). It's a re working of a Mark O'Rowe play that premiered in London in 1999. It now has one man playing both parts and is directed by the writer.

If you are at the Edinburgh Festival & you have 90 minutes to spare around lunchtime you could do worse than check it out. Whether you like theatre or not!