Author Topic: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...  (Read 273395 times)

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...
« Reply #1300 on: October 31, 2017, 03:33:54 PM »
Life is too short to listen to s**t music

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: October 31, 2017, 04:47:20 PM »
Yes that is smart and l do like it , I'm not that fond of cotton for a cardigan but a good price nevertheless. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 02, 2017, 12:55:29 AM »

No a brand ah've bought fur years n' years (n' years), but Secret Sales huv Lambretta harringtons sellin' at £40 - £45 if embdy's interested.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 21, 2017, 05:43:17 PM »
The finnish guys that run Lean Garments are closing shop and the last batch of BD shirts are reduced to 50 Ä (plus shipping). I own some of their numbers from past seasons and the quality is top notch. These last ones are apparently made in Portugal, with the usual Ivy details (locker loop, back collar button, box pleat), mother of pearl buttons and a thick oxford cotton (linen in some cases) and come in white, blue, grey and red/pink. The main drawback for me is the collars, that look smaller than the previous ones. Anyway, a quality shirt for 50 Ä is a good deal, IMO.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: November 21, 2017, 06:35:12 PM »
I got an oxford popover from them for about $25 IIRC.

Canít say Iím distraught at the news as most of their gear was a bit boring to me, but the last e mail I got from them it seemed like they were full steam ahaead then heard recently they were packing it all in. Curious business - I like to see the little fellas do well so itís tough for them. Anyone heard what happened?

ross-wfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: November 21, 2017, 06:42:17 PM »
Ive seen 1 of these in the flesh and you can't go wrong at this price.   https://steelandjelly.co.uk/le1005cx.html

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: November 22, 2017, 02:09:19 AM »
The finnish guys that run Lean Garments are closing shop and the last batch of BD shirts are reduced to 50 Ä (plus shipping). I own some of their numbers from past seasons and the quality is top notch. These last ones are apparently made in Portugal, with the usual Ivy details (locker loop, back collar button, box pleat), mother of pearl buttons and a thick oxford cotton (linen in some cases) and come in white, blue, grey and red/pink. The main drawback for me is the collars, that look smaller than the previous ones. Anyway, a quality shirt for 50 Ä is a good deal, IMO.

Got yin ay thir shirts but didnae find it tae be a good fit oan ma athletic physique.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:08 AM »
I got an oxford popover from them for about $25 IIRC.

Canít say Iím distraught at the news as most of their gear was a bit boring to me, but the last e mail I got from them it seemed like they were full steam ahaead then heard recently they were packing it all in. Curious business - I like to see the little fellas do well so itís tough for them. Anyone heard what happened?

I guess they tried to upscale from amateur (everything began for them as a college homework, if I'm not mistaken) to professional clothes' dealers and they failed or just got tired. For one thing, they lost the niche market they had (Ivy buffs, modernists...) without appealing to a broader one. Offering just some plain BD shirts didn't help. And maybe they didn't interest investors in the business.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: November 22, 2017, 10:52:38 AM »
Ive seen 1 of these in the flesh and you can't go wrong at this price.   https://steelandjelly.co.uk/le1005cx.html

A pity the side pockets.