Author Topic: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...  (Read 296003 times)

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...
« Reply #1330 on: December 26, 2017, 07:37:25 PM »
Picked up Wallabees and Clark's Dessies in Cola suede from Office today for £50. Glasgow store.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 27, 2017, 06:57:52 PM »
Picked up Wallabees and Clark's Dessies in Cola suede from Office today for £50. Glasgow store.

Wallabees aren't my cuppa, but the dessies are a steal at that price, Woods, congrats.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: January 01, 2018, 04:44:06 PM »

Wallabees aren't my cuppa, but the dessies are a steal at that price, Woods, congrats.

Despite having been to Australia , I have never owned Wallabees . I was going to buy a pair at that great price but I changed my mind at the last minute. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: January 06, 2018, 11:22:59 AM »
30% discount at John Simons with code WINTER30, just today and tomorrow. I know 30% seems a meagre reduction, but things get interesting when you take into account that the discount applies too to already reduced ítems (for instance, the golfer jackets, the Harringtons or some BD shirts end up costing 50 or 60% less than their original price tag).

For those living outside of Britain, a word of warning: the shipping costs are outrageous, for no understandable reason (after all, I think JS uses Her Majesty's post).

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: January 06, 2018, 01:49:26 PM »
30% discount at John Simons with code WINTER30, just today and tomorrow. I know 30% seems a meagre reduction, but things get interesting when you take into account that the discount applies too to already reduced ítems (for instance, the golfer jackets, the Harringtons or some BD shirts end up costing 50 or 60% less than their original price tag).

For those living outside of Britain, a word of warning: the shipping costs are outrageous, for no understandable reason (after all, I think JS uses Her Majesty's post).

The Royal Fail just dipped me for £15 in import duty . .I really don't think H.M. even owns it anymore, privateers now Sydney.. Scandalous l say , scandalous. . ;D

ianeggbert

• Vintage becoming veteran
    • View Profile
    • The Acoustic Egg Box
« Reply #1335 on: January 06, 2018, 06:14:06 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this GS!

Just ordered this pink striped shirt with 30% off the £49 price  http://www.johnsimons.co.uk/candy-pink-button-down-shirt/

Not often I order anything in a small size these days (unless its from Uniqlo whose sizing is ridiculous at the best of times) but looking at the measurements (I'm a 15 1/2 inch collar and 40" chest) the medium would be too big.

Fingers crossed!

It's not the cost of the suit that counts, it's the worth of the man inside it

Twitter: @IanPople1

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: January 06, 2018, 07:15:49 PM »
Never been on the J.Simons site before and no plans to return soon , thought the gear looked uninspiring . .always think a bargain is only a bargain if it is something you really want. .

When is the next DNA sale. . ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: January 06, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »

When is the next DNA sale. . ;D

You won't be seeing that in a loooong time. Now seriously, IMO JSimons stock a well curated selection of clothes, that is, if you like your mod gear with an Ivy League slant. Their own brand shirts are quality, with all the right details and a classy assortment of colours and fabrics. The grey flannel trousers with frog-mouth pockets look very nice too (tho' the smallest size is a 32") and the casual jackets -Harringtons and golfers- are beautiful. Their collaboration with US shoemakers Rancourt is also spot-on, some of the most gorgeous penny loafers I've ever seen.

Maybe you find the knitwear somehow dull -Art Gallery Clothing they ain't, that's for sure-, but I'd gladly wear most of their stuff.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: January 06, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »

Thanks for the heads up on this GS!

Just ordered this pink striped shirt with 30% off the £49 price  http://www.johnsimons.co.uk/candy-pink-button-down-shirt/

Not often I order anything in a small size these days (unless its from Uniqlo whose sizing is ridiculous at the best of times) but looking at the measurements (I'm a 15 1/2 inch collar and 40" chest) the medium would be too big.

Fingers crossed!

Cheers, Ian. You're a men with taste, as I was tempted by the same shirt you've acquired. If it helps, everything I've bought in JSimons is XS sized (as in Uniqlo) and the fit is good (I'm a 14 1/2 collar and 36" chest). The concept "Slim fit" is at odds with their philosophy, so I'm pretty sure you've got it right.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: January 12, 2018, 04:40:05 PM »
The Hutton Desert Boots' guys are selling their last remaining pairs before closing shop. If someone is interested -they're the real deal, even better than current Clarks, IMO-, they're offering 20 % discount with code ENDOFANERA. Not many sizes in stock and the code is valid just till sunday, so you better hurry up.