Author Topic: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...  (Read 464074 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...
« Reply #1860 on: May 12, 2020, 10:24:21 AM »
Naw
Aye
Aye
Naw
Naw

You're not in a talkative mood today, amigo  ;D
Mibees aye ,  Mibees naw. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: May 13, 2020, 06:40:08 PM »
30% discount on the whole next-to-last Armor Lux collection: https://www.armorlux.com/fr/713-homme

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: May 22, 2020, 04:01:29 PM »
Didn't know about them either, but they seem to deal with second-rate brands (the usual suspects: Relco, Trojan...). That shirt won't be DNA quality at 28 pounds, that's for sure

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: May 22, 2020, 05:20:09 PM »
Didn't know about them either, but they seem to deal with second-rate brands (the usual suspects: Relco, Trojan...). That shirt won't be DNA quality at 28 pounds, that's for sure

Relco trousers quality tends to vary as they must be using different manufacturers but l feel that is refelected in the pricing . Most of the sta-prest are decent. .if you don't like the quality you may send them back but l feel l have had my moneys worth from them. I have never had to have a Relco pair of trousers altered however , some of our parish should probably size up .

I would concur that the shirt will not be DNA quality but it is not DNA prices either . Personally when it comes to shirts l would pay the extra bucks and get the DNA shirt
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: May 22, 2020, 09:12:53 PM »
Most of the sta-prest are decent. .if you don't like the quality you may send them back but l feel l have had my moneys worth from them. I have never had to have a Relco pair of trousers altered however , some of our parish should probably size up .

I would concur that the shirt will not be DNA quality but it is not DNA prices either . Personally when it comes to shirts l would pay the extra bucks and get the DNA shirt

Actually with Relco, I've had to size down from what I normally buy from DNA. Other than that, the quality is what I expect for the price, it's not so much the way they're made but the material is cheap-ish. You won't worry about ruining them.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: May 23, 2020, 11:24:45 AM »
Most of the sta-prest are decent. .if you don't like the quality you may send them back but l feel l have had my moneys worth from them. I have never had to have a Relco pair of trousers altered however , some of our parish should probably size up .

Actually with Relco, I've had to size down from what I normally buy from DNA. Other than that, the quality is what I expect for the price, it's not so much the way they're made but the material is cheap-ish. You won't worry about ruining them.

I'd rather get me a pair of, say, JtG sta-prests, decent price and decent quality.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: May 23, 2020, 01:01:00 PM »
Iíve got Relcos in PoW and houndstooth.
They are all man made - Poly viscose I think, which does not have a pleasant hand but they donít wrinkle, keep their crease and can be thrown in the wash easily and donít fade. I usually wear them for business travel, maybe with a blazer which I can recycle later in the trip with better quality strides and a shirt and tie for meetings etc.
Among my other sta-pressts I have Relco in solid light grey. Theyíre a different cut to those mentioned above, with a higher rise. These are the more traditional Poly cotton.

In each case my usual size is 32 but pretty sure all the above are 34.

Havenít tried JTG as I donít like frogmouth pockets.

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: May 23, 2020, 01:18:25 PM »
The only item of Relco i own is an off white pair of sta-press. They feel cheap to the touch and were indeed cheap to buy, but they do the job and are a nice cut, true to size and with no alterations required....which is rare for me regarding trousers. I have tried the JTG version but found them too tight at the back of the knee (think its something to do with being 6`2` in height).

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: May 23, 2020, 05:48:12 PM »
Nothing against the Relcos, it's useful to have some pairs of cheap trousers that look the part for knocking about, I've got myself a couple elastane and poly/cotton numbers, but I prefer spending a bit more and getting all-cotton, all-wool strides.