Author Topic: The 'What are you drinking' thread.  (Read 45255 times)

Luke Moralta

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: The 'What are you drinking' thread.
« Reply #50 on: April 09, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »
A nice pint of Guinness or 6 always hits the spot

Plenty of wine sales in my area lately & one Steak & French Wine sale this week too. So mainly red wine, but a bottle of Sauvignon Blac or Pinot Grigio on a Thursday or Sunday evening goes down well. There's a wine reviwer around these parts who reckons once you spend arounf €10.00 on a bottle you can't go far wrong these days **Note**It's a € sign & not a £ or $!!

As a treat early in the week an 8 year old Bicardi Gold over ice with a splash of lemon, a neat Wild Turkey or a very occasional neat Midleton.

I would also take an ale while eating a spicy meal

pecks

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 09, 2013, 11:23:14 AM »
I'm a fan of ale myself current favourites are tribute Cornish ale, and hop head. Both are a really nice light ale.

Quite partial to a drop of Tribute myself. Hopback's Summer Lightning & Bath Gem are current faves. Westons Vintage for the warm days, if we ever see them again.

Love a pint of Gem. Bath Ales, oddly isn't located in Bath, but in Bristol, about 3 miles from where I live. Done the brewery tour a few times now, and purchased one of their fantastic cycling jerseys:

This. Best Beer Ever.

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 09, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »
Bengal Lancer or Old Empire(indian pale ale) superb.Give it a try people.

Ok but compared to other ales out there 'Old Empire' don't do much for me. That said not a big fan of IPAs, prefer porters & stouts.

If you like Porter Neil may I suggest ordering this http://www.wickwarbrewing.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2
It's brewed locally to me and is like nectar.

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
Bengal Lancer or Old Empire(indian pale ale) superb.Give it a try people.

Ok but compared to other ales out there 'Old Empire' don't do much for me. That said not a big fan of IPAs, prefer porters & stouts.

If you like Porter Neil may I suggest ordering this http://www.wickwarbrewing.co.uk/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3&category_id=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2&vmcchk=1&Itemid=2
It's brewed locally to me and is like nectar.

Looks interesting.
The New Unsociable’s Present

“Gettin’ To The Point”

https://www.facebook.com/events/399848387194193/

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 09, 2013, 01:46:09 PM »
I drink it on draft at my local. A top tipple if you like Porter & Stout. Will be in there Saturday for a few.

hipshaker

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »
I'm on holiday in italy at the moment so it has been a combination of Moretti, Peroni and something called Ceres (i thought it was a european lager but turns out its a strong scandinavian strong ale at about 7%, a bit of a lunchtime shock!

Currently having a can of Grafenwalder Weisbier bought from the local Lidl for €0.59 ..... which i would say is a bit of a bargain!!!

stevessexmod

• Heard there's a few Mods about
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 11, 2013, 10:03:46 AM »
Weekends-BEER=Stella,St.Etiene ALE=Newcastle Brown, CIDER=Rattler,Taurus,Stella Cidre,Olde English. Work Hours- Tea n Cappaucino
You cant polish a Turd

Dave E

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »
At the moment, nothing. It's Smiler's round and as usual he's nowhere to be seen!  ;)

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2013, 07:21:35 PM »
St.Etiene ?
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

Iain F

• Style & Manners.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 11, 2013, 08:52:56 PM »
Absolutely nothing as I'm on bloody chemo at the moment and have been put on the wagon.

Gutted reading this thread, but as soon as I'm off again I'll be sampling quite a few of these suggestions.