Author Topic: Sta Prest  (Read 4072 times)

hopsack dan

• View Profile
Re: Sta Prest
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 04:34:28 PM »
The 508s have a strong taper (imagine 501 up top, 511 on the bottom, low-medium rise). Looks good on some people but for those of us with big quads, they just look like skinny trousers.

I wish they'd make 'em in the 505 or 501 fit.
All gold guzzlers, wallabee clarks
Young cold hustlers, obviously sharp

markrulesok

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 06:23:18 PM »
The 508s have a strong taper (imagine 501 up top, 511 on the bottom, low-medium rise). Looks good on some people but for those of us with big quads, they just look like skinny trousers.

I wish they'd make 'em in the 505 or 501 fit.

I have this gripe, ankles are very skinny my quads are relatively large in comparison. Tried on a lovely looking pair of jeans today, but they were so tight round my thighs I felt like I was wearing girls jeans. Wouldnt of been able to sit down in them anyway!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 05:50:40 PM »
Sorry for resurrecting such an old thread, but there are intersting news in the sta-prest front, specifically in the Levi's sta-prests front.

For starters, this season Levi keep offering their last year 502 sta-prest line (which I finally didn't try) with just a new colour scheme, the not-too-promising "denim". As usual, the japanese market is one of a kind, the only place were the most alluring colour -a deep burgundy- is on offer. Also exclusive to Japan is the ridiculous "wide" line:

https://www.levi.jp/sta-prest.html

More tempting are the fall-winter LVC's sta-prest designs; in fact, they're a beauty. First, these blue cord sta-prests with frog-mouth pockets:

And a more controversial (I guess) proposal: 5 pockets (kind of jeans-like with central crease) sta-prests. Purists will shout: anathema!!!, but I own 2 old pairs of Levi's sta-prests that look a lot like these and believe me, they look the part, with a pretty slim fit and the added points in this case of what looks like a fairly high rise and that peculiar burnt orange shade:

The main drawback, being LVC's garments, is the price: 180 each pair.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2018, 12:09:45 PM »
I have a pair of the 5 pocket Levi Sta-Prest from around ten years back. Harvest Gold is the colour as I recall. Nabbed them the minute I saw them along with almost the same colour but with the side pockets. Served me well to this day but only paid about 50 each pair. 180 is a bit strong for me I'm afraid but great they are out there just a shame not more affordable.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2018, 05:32:35 PM »
I have a pair of the 5 pocket Levi Sta-Prest from around ten years back. Harvest Gold is the colour as I recall. Nabbed them the minute I saw them along with almost the same colour but with the side pockets. Served me well to this day but only paid about 50 each pair. 180 is a bit strong for me I'm afraid but great they are out there just a shame not more affordable.

Usually they pop up later in the sales, and I think they're well worth waiting for. Anyway, if someone's in a hurry for those and/or the notorious green cardie, Levi are offering a 20% discount on everything. I can't recall the promo code right now but I think it's displayed on their webstore.