Author Topic: Seen any good films recently?  (Read 170176 times)

Lurker

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Seen any good films recently?
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 08:40:42 PM »
Just back from seeing Good Vibrations, film about the NI Punk scene from the late 70's - highly recommend it...

"Hooley not only ran a successful record store at the height of the Troubles, but also supported and promoted new bands - notably The Undertones - who were part of the local punk scene. As you can see from this clip, it's a rather likeable underdog story and one with a great soundtrack".

Jonny

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Jonny Monk Photography
« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2013, 08:44:24 AM »
Talking of 'dark stuff' on telly recently. Absolutely loved Utopia recently, best telly for ages in my opinion. Also did anybody see the second episode of 'Black Mirror'.....bloody hell. How dark and disturbing was that?

One of my all time favourite series now. 15 Million Merits (Episode two of the first series) is definitely worth a look if you're into dystopian fiction.

revsin

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »
Just back from seeing Good Vibrations, film about the NI Punk scene from the late 70's - highly recommend it...

"Hooley not only ran a successful record store at the height of the Troubles, but also supported and promoted new bands - notably The Undertones - who were part of the local punk scene. As you can see from this clip, it's a rather likeable underdog story and one with a great soundtrack".

Great film, great soundtrack.....pity they had to leave so much of it out, heard they had to 30 mins from the film, lets hope that all the cut scenes make the DVD release.

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 06:44:34 PM »
Villain
Starring Richard Burton and Ian McShane

Was there bleedin' claret everywhere?

Greenie

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2013, 09:51:38 AM »
Watched Thief on Netflix over the weekend. Pretty formulaic but James Caan was engaging and it was easy to watch. Guessed Michael Mann Directed it all his films have a very similar look and feel.

Helsbob

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 11, 2013, 12:03:12 PM »
Talking of 'dark stuff' on telly recently. Absolutely loved Utopia recently, best telly for ages in my opinion. Also did anybody see the second episode of 'Black Mirror'.....bloody hell. How dark and disturbing was that?

Charlie Brooker is god!
oooh yes he is; been catching up with 'black mirror' ooooh very disturbing.  loved Utopia but got a tad obsessed with "where is Jessica Hyde?" John did do a good impression though :)

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2013, 12:14:31 PM »

Charlie Brooker is god!
oooh yes he is; been catching up with 'black mirror' ooooh very disturbing.  loved Utopia but got a tad obsessed with "where is Jessica Hyde?" John did do a good impression though :)

Very disturbing indeed Helen. How are you and your good man?
The New Unsociable’s Present

“Gettin’ To The Point”

https://www.facebook.com/events/399848387194193/

Helsbob

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2013, 05:08:50 PM »

Charlie Brooker is god!

Very disturbing indeed Helen. How are you and your good man?
Very well thanks, big hugs all round especially your little bundle of yummy :-)

senorservo

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2013, 03:31:46 AM »
Spring Breakers - really  cool visuals and James Franco was really good in it 

Spectre

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2013, 01:16:57 PM »
I watched. Stoned, story about Brian Jones. It's ok nothing great. And La Bamba. last night as i was bored.  :)