Author Topic: Seen any good films recently?  (Read 88169 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Seen any good films recently?
« Reply #380 on: April 16, 2019, 06:41:47 PM »
Yes mate! Certainly well worth a watch for the visuals, music and clobber but perhaps strived for a little too much. I guess it was the various 'issues' thrown up amongst the plot that attracted Newman and Poitier to the project but ultimately it fails to deliver.
Have you seen All Night Long (1962)?
Set in a jazz club, it is a retelling of Shakespeare's Othello. Stars Patrick McGoohan, Tubby Hayes, Charlie Mingus, Dave Brubeck, Johnny Dankworth. Well worth a look, often on Talking Pictures channel.
In my list for a loooong time, Ady, but I'd like to get it with spanish subtitles and it's not easy. Lots of british 60s movies haven't been reissued in DVD for our market

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 17, 2019, 06:59:46 AM »
 I saw the Sisters Brothers the other day.  That was a good movie, though nothing to do with Mod or the 6ts. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 17, 2019, 09:11:12 AM »
I saw the Sisters Brothers the other day.  That was a good movie, though nothing to do with Mod or the 6ts. .

Read the book a while back. Not seen the film yet, but hoping it does it justice
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 17, 2019, 11:17:07 AM »

Read the book a while back. Not seen the film yet, but hoping it does it justice

Some really good acting from the four main characters and some stunning photography.  Also there are some great laughs and some grisly action . .
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 04:15:27 PM by Simon Bond »

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 17, 2019, 01:38:45 PM »

Some really good acting from the four main characters and some stunning photography.  Also there are some great laughs and dome grisly action . .

Sounds like it's worth checking out, Mr B
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 17, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »

Some really good acting from the four main characters and some stunning photography.  Also there are some great laughs and dome grisly action . .

Sounds like it's worth checking out, Mr B
I don't know how it compares to the book , Doc , but it is gritty and runs to over two hours of gritty entertainment , that seems to capture something of the period . .l don't think you'd be disappointed. .