Author Topic: Grooming  (Read 25895 times)

Soulstar

• View Profile
Re: Grooming
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2017, 07:26:45 AM »
Nice one, Simon.

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2017, 08:12:14 AM »
I promised a review some time back of a sample pack I got on Bill (Soulstar)'s recommendation. There were 5 different sample packs delivered by the English Shaving Company; Shark, Astra, Perma-sharp, Gillette 7 o'clock super stainless and 7 o'clock Sharp Edge. To be honest, gents, they were all much of a muchness. Two sides max per shave, which now seems to be the norm. The exception was the Perma-sharp. I'm assuming you all make two passes when you shave (one vertical, one sort of horizontal), I certainly do. With the perma-sharp, I could have got away with one pass. Though, much like what Mr Bond said, a good shaving soap definitely helps. In my case, that is Mr Taylor's Shaving Cream from Taylor's of Old Bond Street. Last for ages, you need very little on your brush and it generates a really good, creamy lather. Smells nice too!*

* other shaving soaps are available  ;)
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 17, 2017, 06:02:59 PM »
With the Derby blades I can have 3 shaves a side , I haven't pushed for the 4th. .

My latest soap is Dr Bronner's shaving soap which is very good , even better value for money than the Lucky Tiger and it is organic too. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 18, 2017, 08:00:27 AM »
With the Derby blades I can have 3 shaves a side , I haven't pushed for the 4th. .

My latest soap is Dr Bronner's shaving soap which is very good , even better value for money than the Lucky Tiger and it is organic too. .

I'm always on the lookout for that elusive 3 shaves a side blade, bud, I'll give the Derby a try next time. Never heard of Dr Bronner, where did you pick that up from?

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 18, 2017, 04:46:41 PM »

I'm always on the lookout for that elusive 3 shaves a side blade, bud, I'll give the Derby a try next time. Never heard of Dr Bronner, where did you pick that up from?
#

Hello Doc , I got my Dr Bronner shaving soap from The Whole Food Shop in Glasgow , who were recently taken over by Amazon so I reckon they will have his stuff .

I used the Taylors soap and then I went to Lucky Tiger which was dearer than Taylors but far better , in paricular with a new blade , it gave that eggshell smooth effect . However , the Dr Bonner was better again and I think it will last for ages making it as cheap as chips . It has no nasty chemicals and a range of smells. .

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 19, 2017, 02:59:01 PM »

#

Hello Doc , I got my Dr Bronner shaving soap from The Whole Food Shop in Glasgow , who were recently taken over by Amazon so I reckon they will have his stuff .

I used the Taylors soap and then I went to Lucky Tiger which was dearer than Taylors but far better , in paricular with a new blade , it gave that eggshell smooth effect . However , the Dr Bonner was better again and I think it will last for ages making it as cheap as chips . It has no nasty chemicals and a range of smells. .

Found some on Amazon, Mr B. Silly question, but can you use it with a brush as the stuff I can see on the site appears to only be a gel? On the basis that the answer is yes, is there any in particular you would recommend?

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 19, 2017, 04:57:36 PM »

#

Found some on Amazon, Mr B. Silly question, but can you use it with a brush as the stuff I can see on the site appears to only be a gel? On the basis that the answer is yes, is there any in particular you would recommend?

Yes Doc , I always use a brush as it helps to soften the beard . I'm using the lavender scent at the moment which is fine and I also had a wee smell of the citrus which was fine too . Couldn't vouch for any of the others but all his stuff is good , I'm using his toothpaste at the moment too , it is aniseed taste  :P ;)

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 20, 2017, 12:12:33 PM »

#

Yes Doc , I always use a brush as it helps to soften the beard . I'm using the lavender scent at the moment which is fine and I also had a wee smell of the citrus which was fine too . Couldn't vouch for any of the others but all his stuff is good , I'm using his toothpaste at the moment too , it is aniseed taste  :P ;)

Thanks, mate; I'm good at the minute, but will definitely give his stuff a try next time

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 21, 2017, 10:59:37 PM »

#

Thanks, mate; I'm good at the minute, but will definitely give his stuff a try next time

Quite right Doc , nae bother . .