Author Topic: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.  (Read 69745 times)

cba

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2013, 04:10:06 PM »
Last gig was Freedie Notes in the 100 Club, last week, lots of old skool skins the odd mod, over priced beer, as always, but the music was out of this world, Freedie is a true star....
Was a great one, that! Freddie Notes was just a cut above most other original artists that I've seen so far. He seemed to be genuinely happy to play the gig and a great chap too!

Bespoke Gent

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2013, 03:31:20 PM »
In the past year I have seen:

The Zombies three times.
Richard Thompson twice.
The ROMLEYS - tons of times: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj-Z8MDRyrI
New Order.
The Charlatans.

Got tickets for the WHO & Neil Young in the summer.

M
Likes: Peter Harland Tailors - DC Bespoke Shirts - DNA GROOVE - Fender Telecaster Guitars

mr_duderino

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2013, 10:57:38 PM »
Saw Noel Gallagher a  couple times last year.  once at O2 (you can see me in the video)  and once at the itunes festival (again i found myself in the footage on youtube).  brilliant, but the smaller venue suited him much better.  he only engages with the first 3 rows!
Mrs Peel....Were needed.

little mester

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2013, 04:18:56 PM »
Seen a crackin young band THE SHERLOCKS a few times ,there own stuff is very good ,they recently played an ocean colour scene after party hosted by steve craddock & they do brilliant covers from the beatles ,stones, right through to oasis ,stone roses ect, they are playing in the Leeds Pretty Green shop sat 20th April.

Rickithly

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:06 PM »
Although I haven't been to many gigs recently, I was luck enough to see Steve Craddock in December (which was an amazing gig) at the 100 Club (It was a suprise from my then girlfriend). I have also seen Georgie Fame in Croydon (though a few years back now) and would echo the comment earlier saying how good that was.

Apart from that, not a lot worth mentioning. I am planning on seeing Martin Rossiter in June and would not mind going to see Suede touring but as far as I am aware they are not venturing down south on the dates currently announced.
I like jazz, foreign films, Ivy League clothes, gin and tonic and pretty girls - Hugh Hefner, 1957

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2013, 10:13:02 AM »
Just bought tickets for Mott the hoople (ian hunter is genius) , also booked a long weekend in glasgow which includes the who gig (would appreciate any recommends on the glasgow scene). Saw Findlay (very pretty) last weekend at ruby lounge m/c. Got tickets for the Bowie exhibition and plan to visit the blues kitchen Camden also hoping Evan dando/lemonheads do some pre Glastonbury gigs this summer.

Bobby Charlton

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2013, 02:14:58 PM »
The last gig I went to was Kraftwerk at the Tate London in February.
T'was brilliant.

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2013, 06:25:05 PM »
Just bought tickets for Mott the hoople (ian hunter is genius) , also booked a long weekend in glasgow which includes the who gig (would appreciate any recommends on the glasgow scene). Saw Findlay (very pretty) last weekend at ruby lounge m/c. Got tickets for the Bowie exhibition and plan to visit the blues kitchen Camden also hoping Evan dando/lemonheads do some pre Glastonbury gigs this summer.

When you up in Glasgow....there's usually something on most weekends.

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2013, 06:41:54 PM »

When you up in Glasgow....there's usually something on most weekends.

Thurs/fri 13-14 June  are our free nights (the who play we'd 12th)
Forgot to add to my gig list  'the specials , manchester Apollo in may .

Woody 64

• Old fogey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2013, 09:18:54 PM »
Pity it wasn't the end of the month as the Mod Weekender is on...I'll look into it and get back to you.

You need any info on restaurants/shopping/sightseeing?