Author Topic: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.  (Read 108069 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.
« Reply #460 on: January 27, 2017, 01:52:37 PM »
Good luck mate. It is such a shame that this ridiculous 'beer/lad' culture thing spoils so much. I see less bother at football these days than I do at gigs. It is shocking especially when most gigs I go to attract older fellas and they seem the worst. The old "WE ARE THE MODS!" mob spoil it all too. Usually blokes with skinny jeans and big beards shouting it as well?? Off tonight myself to see The Small Fakers. My God Son is their 'Ronnie' currently too so looking forward to that. Is the FTJ gig at the Pavillion mate? I've been there myself and it is a pretty decent venue when we've had mini breaks down there? MOLES is another nice small club we've had some good nights at.

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 30, 2017, 02:48:23 PM »

Well what a great night! Lovely venue (a new one on me) friendly door staff, reasonably priced drinks and an excellent crowd. A good set which I really enjoyed. Well worth 20

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 30, 2017, 03:36:53 PM »
Glad you enjoyed the evening, Steve. Luckily, it seems the beer spilling crowd stayed home for good!  ;D

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 01, 2017, 10:53:24 AM »
Glad you enjoyed the evening, Steve. Luckily, it seems the beer spilling crowd stayed home for good!  ;D

Never really understood this beer throwing thing, especially the price of a decent pint these days :-) I had a nice little spot to the side of the stage with a table where I could place my drink(s). I even bumped into a few ladies who I used to work with years ago which was really nice.

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 01, 2017, 01:57:08 PM »
Glad it went well Steve. (And you stayed dry) I agree that for all the remarks thrown at a tribute band and often FTJ in particular if you go home with a smile and you hear what you want to hear everyone's a winner. As you say especially at a score a ticket too. Nice one.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: April 08, 2017, 10:38:42 AM »
Night out to see the Limboos at Sala El Loco. They were great, a highly professional r&b combo, highlighted by  a superb sound balance at the club. Special mention to the outstanding singer/guitarist and of course the gorgeous drummer, that besides the looks sure can play a mean beat. The audience was enthusiastic enough, but I reckon a more experienced band could have easily induced in them the frenzy that is the seal of a really great show, a mood that the Fleshtones, for instance, get effortlessly. But hey, let's give them time.

Not many people in the audience, so my wife and me could watch the gig comfortably by the side of the stage and we danced our asses off! They played basically their two LPs (no covers) and the latin stuff works wonders live, tho' I enjoyed mainly their more Bo Diddley-ish songs. The only letdown: not a single remotely mod-looking fella in the audience, not even greasers. I can't believe there isn't a single mod in my town  :'(

Some maraccas action!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: April 08, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Night out to see the Limboos at Sala El Loco. They were great, a highly professional r&b combo, highlighted by  a superb sound balance at the club. Special mention to the outstanding singer/guitarist and of course the gorgeous drummer, that besides the looks sure can play a mean beat. The audience was enthusiastic enough, but I reckon a more experienced band could have easily induced in them the frenzy that is the seal of a really great show, a mood that the Fleshtones, for instance, get effortlessly. But hey, let's give them time.

Not many people in the audience, so my wife and me could watch the gig comfortably by the side of the stage and we danced our asses off! They played basically their two LPs (no covers) and the latin stuff works wonders live, tho' I enjoyed mainly their more Bo Diddley-ish songs. The only letdown: not a single remotely mod-looking fella in the audience, not even greasers. I can't believe there isn't a single mod in my town  :'(

Some maraccas action!

Nice one Hombre , but can you get some better pictures of the drummer next time. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: April 08, 2017, 04:03:12 PM »
It's obvious that my wife was the phothographer!  ;D

Monkey

• Welcome to the Modculture forum
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Picks
« Reply #468 on: April 10, 2017, 08:06:58 PM »
Thanks for the Limboos review greenstreet. They are top of my to-see list.

Were the audience "normals"? You know what I mean.
The same few words in a different order can be found at http://www.monkeypicks.co.uk Latest Posts: The Redskins, Wireless Show, The Action's Rolled Gold by Sidewalk Society reviewed.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: April 11, 2017, 07:19:05 AM »
It's obvious that my wife was the phothographer!  ;D

;D
The guitarist reminds me of a young Dennis Greaves. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!