Author Topic: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.  (Read 106606 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.
« Reply #500 on: November 09, 2018, 10:49:17 AM »
wow !  no gig reviews in the past 7/8 months...  Teenage Fanclub currently touring/residency of their entire album output , I chose day 2 @ m/c. (the best) Grand Prix/songs from northern Britain. What a show total singalong, the band have songs,hooks and harmonies that hark back to revolver/Byrdís/big star era.  (+ dad jokes and custard pie humour.... thanx Brendon)
do not miss this tour if u have opportunity as it will never again be the same again without Gerard love. love the fannieís and get in early for the brilliant dj set from records ville 60,s

I would agree their music harks back to the 6ts , with Sparkeys Dream sounding like the Who's Pictures of Lilly . Despite never being a big fan of their work l do have a couple of their albums and although Norman is the brother in law of a friend of mine , l have never seen the band or met him. I'm glad you liked the gig and it certainly sounds like it was very entertaining. 
I think l will go and stick one of their albums on . . :)

I still think their last album is a masterpiece, possibly their best (or at least it's touching for me in a very special way). I wish the tour would reach these shores, it's a gig I wouldn't miss. 

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 09, 2018, 01:16:20 PM »
wow !  no gig reviews in the past 7/8 months...  Teenage Fanclub currently touring/residency of their entire album output , I chose day 2 @ m/c. (the best) Grand Prix/songs from northern Britain. What a show total singalong, the band have songs,hooks and harmonies that hark back to revolver/Byrdís/big star era.  (+ dad jokes and custard pie humour.... thanx Brendon)
do not miss this tour if u have opportunity as it will never again be the same again without Gerard love. love the fannieís and get in early for the brilliant dj set from records ville 60,s

I would agree their music harks back to the 6ts , with Sparkeys Dream sounding like the Who's Pictures of Lilly . Despite never being a big fan of their work l do have a couple of their albums and although Norman is the brother in law of a friend of mine , l have never seen the band or met him. I'm glad you liked the gig and it certainly sounds like it was very entertaining. 

I still think their last album is a masterpiece, possibly their best (or at least it's touching for me in a very special way). I wish the tour would reach these shores, it's a gig I wouldn't miss.
There is a European tour next year, not sure of all the places but Bilbao is listed  (would make a great city break, bus ride to San SebastiŠn).

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 09, 2018, 04:00:32 PM »

There is a European tour next year, not sure of all the places but Bilbao is listed  (would make a great city break, bus ride to San SebastiŠn).

Good news, it would be great if they finally come to Valencia.