Author Topic: Cool cycling clobber  (Read 21125 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Cool cycling clobber
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 06:15:20 PM »
There was some time ago a wonderful white, long sleeves cycling polo with red tipping al Vintagevelos -more tennis than cycling, really-, but it disappeared suddenly from the page before I could buy it. By the way, does anyone know an e-store which sell cycling polos? I mean cycling jerseys with polo collar and -usually- two pockets in  the chest. I know some italian brands are making them, but I can't find them online.

Jonny

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Jonny Monk Photography
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 07:13:51 PM »
There was some time ago a wonderful white, long sleeves cycling polo with red tipping al Vintagevelos -more tennis than cycling, really-, but it disappeared suddenly from the page before I could buy it. By the way, does anyone know an e-store which sell cycling polos? I mean cycling jerseys with polo collar and -usually- two pockets in  the chest. I know some italian brands are making them, but I can't find them online.

Funnily enough, I'm looking for one of those 'cycling polos' myself, particularly the Bianchi ones from the 50's. As for Cycling polos, tried looking for the One True Saxon ones? They pop up on eBay more often than not for under 20.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2013, 04:42:19 PM »
Thanks, Jonny, in fact I bought the red/white one & other in grey/black when they appeared, maybe three/four years ago. The red/white was beautiful, but it didn't stand even one wash, the red faded and mixed with the white, a total mess. I still use the other, though. That was OTS: fine designs but a risk when it came to materials or sizing.
If you're lucky with the Bianchis let us know. Guess I'll wait for some archive reproduction, may be Le coq sportif? their last line of polos&cycling tops is great, smarter I think than the Bradley Wiggins' for Fred Perry.

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2013, 12:07:37 AM »
the very same thing happened with my OTS red/white top, annoyingly I managed to 'hole' the blue one that i bought at the same time rendering both as 'house wear'  >:(

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2013, 02:46:51 PM »
Quite like the look of this one from Prendras:

charliebravo69

• Modernist, Cyclist, Pissartist
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2013, 06:13:55 PM »
nice, I like that. I could spend a s**t load with prendas! Quality is good and their service is second to none. Their meraklon arm warmers at 7.50 pair are superb value

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2013, 07:01:35 PM »
These are the kind of top I was talkin' bout: anyone know how to get them online? The company name is Claudio & they're italian.

They make other nice maillots

Rocketman

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
These are the kind of top I was talkin' bout: anyone know how to get them online? The company name is Claudio & they're italian.

They make other nice maillots

Sorry but the black/white tops are simply awful !  They look/belong more horse racing than
Velo !

GoldenGaze_85

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 07:32:08 AM »
The yellow one isn't any better, I wouldn't wear any personally. Also I was in Oi Polloi yesterday and had a look at those Le Coq Sportif cycling jerseys but I thought they were very thin and not the greatest quality, I wouldn't pay the 60 asking price for one.

Neil Lee

• Clothes, Football, Scooters & Music in that order.
    • View Profile
    • Gettin' To The Point
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:34 AM »
The yellow one isn't any better, I wouldn't wear any personally. Also I was in Oi Polloi yesterday and had a look at those Le Coq Sportif cycling jerseys but I thought they were very thin and not the greatest quality, I wouldn't pay the 60 asking price for one.

Sorry fella but they are lovely to wear.
Gettin' To The Point
30th September 2017
Hull

https://www.facebook.com/events/181665118990983/