Author Topic: Cool cycling clobber  (Read 36742 times)

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Cool cycling clobber
« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2016, 02:24:41 PM »
Indeed. Love the "Ford France" one. Could see that making an appearance in the Dordogne this July & August.

Should go down a treat, Steve as I believe Hutchison tyres are French too, tho' I've never rode one in my life. .

Yes they are Simon...
"A French company established in 1853 by Hiram Hutchinson in Langlée near Montargis, Hutchinson first made coated fabrics under the brand name, Aigle.

In 1890, Hutchinson started to produce bicycle tires. The company won its first competition with Léon Georget in 1909 thanks to the ‘Monofil’ tire. The biggest names in the world of cycling then bore the brand to the highest peaks, claiming victory of the Tour de France from one year to the next (Louis Bobet 1953, 1954 and 1955 –Anquetil 1957, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964).

Raymond Poulidor carried on the spirit of this golden era through the famous Mercier-Hutchinson partnership.

Today, it is the last French bicycle tire manufacturer to make its products in France.

Hutchinson continues to excel with the greatest road and MTB cyclists. In 2012, Hutchinson Tires, a partner of Team Europcar and FDJ-BigMat, won five stages of the Tour de France. As for MTB, in 2012, Hutchinson supplied the DH world champion, Morgane Charre.

Today, it is the last French bicycle tire manufacturer to make its products in France"

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2016, 10:46:58 PM »
 Ah yes , a potted history of Hutchison . .

I have used many different tyre manufacturers over the years but never Hutchison, as I mentioned. Firm believer in Conti's , maybe not cheap but the roll very well , even on SHABBOS!  :D
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 10, 2016, 09:52:56 AM »
The belgian brand Coreur du Monde has just released these 2 polo shirts as an homage to the upcoming Ronde; I like the minimalistic approach (and their trademark back collar button, a nod to cycling past):

Prices are moderate (74 €), but not so the shipping costs (15 € for Spain)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2017, 03:30:10 PM »
J Smedley are doing their version of the cycling polo in a collaboration with Rouleur. I like it, even if it's just 2 buttons (there's a long sleeved top too):

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2017, 06:52:54 PM »
J Smedley are doing their version of the cycling polo in a collaboration with Rouleur. I like it, even if it's just 2 buttons (there's a long sleeved top too):

TBF they just look like regular John Smed' to me , with the addition of the pocket on the top one being the only discernable difference . .
« Last Edit: May 05, 2017, 07:02:32 AM by Simon Bond »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 05, 2017, 07:03:28 AM »
Here is a trad' one in Italian team champ colours. .

Red Steve

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 05, 2017, 08:32:40 AM »
I like the Santini one, but my preference is for Jura. 100% Merino wool. Made in Turkey so not sure about the manufacturing conditions but hopefully better than far east sweatshops. UK made too. I have 3 now and they are great both on and off the bike.

http://www.juracycleclothing.co.uk/

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 05, 2017, 10:50:29 AM »

TBF they just look like regular John Smed' to me , with the addition of the pocket on the top one being the only discernable difference . .

They've got a back pocket too, but that's it. I guess I'm more inclined towards minimalism as I get old.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 05, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
I like the Santini one, but my preference is for Jura. 100% Merino wool. Made in Turkey so not sure about the manufacturing conditions but hopefully better than far east sweatshops. UK made too. I have 3 now and they are great both on and off the bike.

Funny you mention Jura jerseys, Steve, as the new "Coppi" maillots from Rapha are very close-looking to them, only sensibly more pricey.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 05, 2017, 05:02:27 PM »

Very nice Steve, very nice indeed. .