Author Topic: Lewis Collins  (Read 1511 times)

slingbacksixty

• glug glug glug
    • View Profile
Lewis Collins
« on: November 29, 2013, 11:19:51 PM »
I know it's not strictly mod, but Lewis Collins was a cool dude and wore some great jackets on the telly. Very sad to see his passing this week, and wanted to mark it here. I am pretty sure there are others on this site who feel the same.

ianeggbert

• Vintage becoming veteran
    • View Profile
    • The Acoustic Egg Box
Re: Lewis Collins
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2013, 04:27:20 AM »
Absolutely! The Professionals was part of my staple TV diet as a kid. He was definitely the edgier and cooler of the 2.

I read yesterday that he was short listed for the role of James Bond but was considered by the powers that be as too aggressive!
It's not the cost of the suit that counts, it's the worth of the man inside it

Twitter: @IanPople1

Arnaldo Layne

• Est.1978
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2013, 05:58:07 PM »
He played on this apparently ....
                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPH898dAFG4

Oh, my stars that fall like ashen memories amidst the trees
Then burst like leper sunsets on the shore

Number 6

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »
He played on this apparently ....
                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPH898dAFG4

Well he certainly was in the Mojos and that's a great number. As a kid in the 70s/early 80's The Professionals (along with The Sweeney) was essential viewing.  Plus as Bodie he had cool hair and sideburns!  I also reckon he'd have made a pretty decent Bond if he'd been cast.

Fentonwho

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2013, 10:54:39 PM »
Back in the days of the old forum i was "LewisCollinsstuntdouble" so no need to wonder whether i was a fan or not !.
Despite his enormous popularity with The Professionals he sadly never went on to achieve the later success that was perhaps expected of him, but the heartwarming condolance messages on social media show just what affection he was held in. A much underated actor who portrayed an iconic character that featured in the formative years of many of "my generation" - has any other actor looked as good in British Army camo ?!.
I'll miss him.

37 Out.
He only comes out when i drink my gin ...