Author Topic: Marco Rubio’s Boots  (Read 2858 times)

Frankio

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Marco Rubio’s Boots
« on: January 28, 2016, 12:48:11 PM »
Has anyone seen the storm/debate in the US over one of the republican candidate's choice of boots?

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/marco-rubio-boots

Apparently they are Florsheims. Definitely a 60's mid vibe to them with the little cuban heel. I'm not getting into the politics of his candidature because  quite frankly, I go on these forums to get away from the depressing state of (most) politics in the world today.

But I have to say - I quite like the boots.
Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You know what they call a guy who pays that much attention to his clothes, don't you?

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: A grown-up.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Marco Rubio’s Boots
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 08:07:02 PM »
I read about this in the New York Times a while back. This is funny because most Republican candidates wear those ridiculous cowboy boots, but they're giving him grief over these...
Then again, the rest of the world must think (hopefully, only a portion of) the country has lost it's mind anyway, when they read about our election this year! :-\
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 11:17:09 PM »
I read about this in the New York Times a while back. This is funny because most Republican candidates wear those ridiculous cowboy boots, but they're giving him grief over these...
Then again, the rest of the world must think (hopefully, only a portion of) the country has lost it's mind anyway, when they read about our election this year! :-\

I have to admit Mike, when I heard Sarah Palin coming out in favour of Donald Trump, screeching "are you ready to stump for Trump" I was torn between LMAO and the ridiculous and absurd scene and wondering wtf is going on over there that people like that get to the positions they are in. Hope I am not offending but it is a bit of a weird one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxz9dhx5TY0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2016, 11:28:15 PM by Mutley »
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 11:52:50 AM »

I have to admit Mike, when I heard Sarah Palin coming out in favour of Donald Trump, screeching "are you ready to stump for Trump" I was torn between LMAO and the ridiculous and absurd scene and wondering wtf is going on over there that people like that get to the positions they are in. Hope I am not offending but it is a bit of a weird one.

No offense taken Mutley, but I just want to reiterate to the rest of the world, it's only about 20% of the country that are responsible for the "crazy", so please remember, the rest of us are fairly normal  ;D
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Trotsky

• Ah yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »

She is obviously a bit on the wacky side but I find her rather attractive in a Sophie Loren kind of way. I particularly liked how she pronounces skirmishes as "squirmishes" about 20 seconds in. You Americans are so lucky to have her.

On the boots front I like them. Even if he is wearing them to add height they are good since its possible to get shoes with hidden raised insteps that do the same job but sneakily.
Life is too short to listen to s**t music