Author Topic: Italian knits  (Read 33155 times)

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Italian knits
« Reply #80 on: January 20, 2020, 04:11:18 PM »
^ Looks a size (or 2 )too big on him^
But that's probably the cut of it....

It looks that way, I think a smaller collar would suit him better...doesn't look too bad.
Not stuck in the 60's

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 20, 2020, 05:21:30 PM »
^ Looks a size (or 2 )too big on him^
But that's probably the cut of it....

That's the problem with that polo, collar and pattern look fine, but the cut (for me an issue with many FP tops) is wrong, too large and narrow. It would have looked much better in a shorter, boxier shape with a bigger elasticated waist, IMO.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 24, 2020, 10:44:27 AM »
More new niceties worth keeping an eye on come the sales (sadly, most are so expensive they'll have to be consigned to the "objects of desire" dept):

MrP, mister Porter own's brand, go from strength to strength with their made in Italy retro-inspired clobber:

Orlebar Brown offer this season their usual classy open neck summer polos but also a nice merino cardie (nose-bleeding price for this, I warn you):

And last one in today's series is Lemaire. Not sure if this is made in Italy or France but looks remarkably like an early 60s Italian top anyway. But 350 for a 100% viscose polo? C'mon:

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2020, 11:08:21 AM »
Some decent looking tops there mate. Do like the Orlebar Brown long sleeve one but as noted prices are a bit steep for me. Nice to look though.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2020, 03:55:50 PM »
More new niceties worth keeping an eye on come the sales (sadly, most are so expensive they'll have to be consigned to the "objects of desire" dept):

MrP, mister Porter own's brand, go from strength to strength with their made in Italy retro-inspired clobber:

Orlebar Brown offer this season their usual classy open neck summer polos but also a nice merino cardie (nose-bleeding price for this, I warn you):

And last one in today's series is Lemaire. Not sure if this is made in Italy or France but looks remarkably like an early 60s Italian top anyway. But 350 for a 100% viscose polo? C'mon:

Aye but viscose is an endangered species you know. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2020, 03:57:42 PM »
Some decent looking tops there mate. Do like the Orlebar Brown long sleeve one but as noted prices are a bit steep for me. Nice to look though.

Indeed , there are a couple of crackers in there. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 24, 2020, 06:31:30 PM »

Now that is something I might not be able to resist  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 24, 2020, 06:38:39 PM »

That's my favourite too, Cooper, and I reckon it could reach a decent price in the sales, as mr.Porter reduces certain items up to 60 or 70%.

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 26, 2020, 11:29:11 AM »

That's my favourite too, Cooper, and I reckon it could reach a decent price in the sales, as mr.Porter reduces certain items up to 60 or 70%.

Nice one for the heads up, hopefully I can hold off long enough for the sales to kick in  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 26, 2020, 01:11:28 PM »

Nice one for the heads up, hopefully I can hold off long enough for the sales to kick in  ;D

You're welcome, bud, good luck!