Author Topic: JTQ live set.  (Read 9787 times)

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
JTQ live set.
« on: August 21, 2020, 06:51:59 PM »
Fae Ronnie Scott's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ko2TywZ-6M

Need tae sack that hairy bassist ah reckon.    8)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2020, 06:55:24 PM by The Laird of Enfield »

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
Re: JTQ live set.
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2020, 01:44:52 PM »
Superb set. Band I've never seen live, hope to get the chance to rectify that at some stage.
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2020, 06:10:03 PM »
Superb set. Band I've never seen live, hope to get the chance to rectify that at some stage.

I think I attended their first ever gig, on a Thames riverboat cruise organised by Eddie Pillar.  Must have been about 1986/87.  Does that timescale fit?  Fantastic gig, from what I can remember (it was a while ago  ;D)

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2020, 08:10:02 AM »

I think I attended their first ever gig, on a Thames riverboat cruise organised by Eddie Pillar.  Must have been about 1986/87.  Does that timescale fit?  Fantastic gig, from what I can remember (it was a while ago  ;D)

I'd say that's fairly close, Chilli, as I know they formed some time in 85 so a first paying gig in 86 sounds about right. One to tell the grandkids, if they'd be in any way interested!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2020, 10:11:48 AM »

I'd say that's fairly close, Chilli, as I know they formed some time in 85 so a first paying gig in 86 sounds about right. One to tell the grandkids, if they'd be in any way interested!!

Not even the sons are interested, Nick (talking by own experience  :-\), let alone grandsons!

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2020, 12:41:01 PM »

I'd say that's fairly close, Chilli, as I know they formed some time in 85  ::)so a first paying gig in 86 sounds about right. One to tell the grandkids, if they'd be in any way interested!!

Not even the sons are interested, Nick (talking by own experience  :-\), let alone grandsons!

Not got any grandkids yet, but judging by the reaction I get from both of my kids when I'm playing music  ::), I'm not gonna hold my breath for any kind of positive reaction from grandkids when they eventually arrive.  No taste kids these days  ;D

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2020, 02:06:11 PM »
I hear you, chaps. I've found a little sinks in by osmosis with our Ruby but, in general, she'd much rather listen to what purports to be popular music these days. Which is fair enough, I'm sure we all sneered at our parents music when we were young and had no taste!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2020, 04:52:39 PM »
I hear you, chaps. I've found a little sinks in by osmosis with our Ruby but, in general, she'd much rather listen to what purports to be popular music these days. Which is fair enough, I'm sure we all sneered at our parents music when we were young and had no taste!!

Fair point, NIck, but I have to add that I still think that 70% of what my parents listened to was crap  ;D Adamo? Ray Conniff? Los Indios Tabajaras? Nahhh!!!

And shhh, between you and me, 90% of what passes for radio-friendly pop music these days is utter rubbish; especifically the stuff my son hears is totally dumb and disgusting, not one redeeming quality (trap, reggaeton and the like  >:()

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2020, 05:11:29 PM »

Fair point, NIck, but I have to add that I still think that 70% of what my parents listened to was crap  ;D Adamo? Ray Conniff? Los Indios Tabajaras? Nahhh!!!

And shhh, between you and me, 90% of what passes for radio-friendly pop music these days is utter rubbish; especifically the stuff my son hears is totally dumb and disgusting, not one redeeming quality (trap, reggaeton and the like  >:()

Spoken like a true cliché parent. ;D
Not stuck in the 60's

DrGonzo2411

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2020, 10:57:46 AM »

I stole anything of any interest from my parents (they had some Motown and a few decent comps) but yeah, they listened to some s**te. Jame Last anyone??  ;D

I guess we're ancient as far as our kids are concerned, but I do think this is a particularly barren time for popular music. I try to listen most things with an open mind, but the vast majority of the stuff I hear Ruby playing is just bland, homogenous rubbish. Others won't agree, but I'm resolutely retro in the bulk of my listening choices and completely comfortable with that!