Author Topic: FAT⭐️POP  (Read 1391 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: FAT⭐️POP
« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2021, 08:33:51 PM »
Despite great reviews all over the place, I`m giving this album the swerve. It will be the first time i have`nt bought Weller`s latest offering, but my initial enthusiasm to the first few tracks released has dissipated big time. I`m also starting to find his older world weary vocals a bit annoying.

Yup , totally get that and the dodgy filming of the videos . Anyway, l am away to listen to Uhuh -oh Yeh. .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2021, 11:42:53 AM »
Despite great reviews all over the place, I`m giving this album the swerve. It will be the first time i have`nt bought Weller`s latest offering, but my initial enthusiasm to the first few tracks released has dissipated big time. I`m also starting to find his older world weary vocals a bit annoying.

The voice, well that's age and chain smoking for you. I like the writing and production on this better new one  than the last 2...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2021, 11:48:03 AM by detroitmike »
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 03:11:46 PM »

Now that I've been listening to it for a week or so, I'd say maybe give it another the LP another listen if you're so inclined. It's definitely better than the last 2 outings.
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Ematt

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2021, 01:26:02 PM »
I did`nt buy `On Sunset` until two or three months after its release, as i intended to give that album a miss.....but i was drawn back in by the title track. Weller`s albums since `22 Dreams` have had bags of melody as always, but for me, something has been missing. Except for `True Meanings`, which i think was a wonderful album, his other recent albums have`nt had much longevity with me and i find i`m buying them just out of sheer loyalty.