Author Topic: Phone mod  (Read 1305 times)

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Phone mod
« on: October 02, 2021, 10:26:44 PM »
Was looking at various backgrounds and stuff and found some nice things and was wondering - since I suppose most of us, unless you really don't need one or are a very strict 60s purist, have a phone, would one be able to instantly identify you as a mod by for example looking at your screensaveror listening to your ringtone? How have your customised your phone to be more modernist?
I discovered some of the standard Samsung designs are some vague graphics that could be seen as anything including retro so stuck to them ;D.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2021, 10:29:30 PM by roundmidnight2 »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Phone mod
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2021, 10:17:58 AM »
Was looking at various backgrounds and stuff and found some nice things and was wondering - since I suppose most of us, unless you really don't need one or are a very strict 60s purist, have a phone, would one be able to instantly identify you as a mod by for example looking at your screensaveror listening to your ringtone? How have your customised your phone to be more modernist?
I discovered some of the standard Samsung designs are some vague graphics that could be seen as anything including retro so stuck to them ;D.

RM, my twopence for what is worth: as mobile phones are so alien to my aesthetic and fave historic period, I find it pointless to customize them (target phone cover?!?!  :(). That said, I always use a cool ring tone, currently Gene Ludwig's "Soul Mountain"  8)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2021, 11:18:54 AM »

RM, my twopence for what is worth: as mobile phones are so alien to my aesthetic and fave historic period, I find it pointless to customize them (target phone cover?!?!  :(). That said, I always use a cool ring tone, currently Gene Ludwig's "Soul Mountain"  8)
Cool ringtone amigo !! I currently have Can't Be Still By Booker T . It used to make me smile at a Modweekender when you would be in the bar before the music kicked off and you would hear buddies phones going off to various good tunes. .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2021, 12:39:08 PM »
I have a Christmas time photo of Bar Italia as my screen,

and my ring tone is the "old phone" ring.
Nothing too obvious... ;)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2021, 03:20:45 PM »

I should do something about that as well, I find my stress levels go up as soon as I can hear the ringing. Maybe some smooth crooner or anything by 101 Strings.

roundmidnight2

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2021, 03:21:30 PM »

Nice!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2021, 04:50:58 PM »

Cool ringtone amigo !! I currently have Can't Be Still By Booker T . It used to make me smile at a Modweekender when you would be in the bar before the music kicked off and you would hear buddies phones going off to various good tunes. .

Greenstreet and his latest mobile phone:-

Not stuck in the 60's

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2021, 09:56:43 AM »

That's cool too, Mike.  8)

Well, I don't think "Soul Mountain" or Simon Booker T's tune are really that obvious for the uninitiated. My wife had not so long ago "Green Onions" as a ringtone, which I admit that can be considered a bit more obvious, though no one here is going to point it out as a mod tune... Now she has "This Here", by Richard Groove Holmes, a more under-the-radar choice.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2021, 09:58:03 AM »

I should do something about that as well, I find my stress levels go up as soon as I can hear the ringing. Maybe some smooth crooner or anything by 101 Strings.

RM, you have to find the balance between no-stress ringtone and actually hearing the phone though!  ;)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2021, 10:42:06 AM »

RM, you have to find the balance between no-stress ringtone and actually hearing the phone though!  ;)

Indubitably.    .🤩😇
LET'S GO BRANDON!!