Author Topic: Ridley Road  (Read 568 times)

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
Ridley Road
« on: November 08, 2021, 11:48:28 AM »
From the BBC, I only found this recently, a 4 part drama set in East London in 1962. Very watchable.

https://youtu.be/JKrXyTWUmns
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Ridley Road
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2021, 04:07:03 PM »
From the BBC, I only found this recently, a 4 part drama set in East London in 1962. Very watchable.

Another I saw advertised on the TV.

I thought it might be worth watching but Mrs Chilli wasn't that interested, so it looks like another episode of Eastenders will be on whilst I read a book!!

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2021, 04:09:53 PM »

Another I saw advertised on the TV.

I thought it might be worth watching but Mrs Chilli wasn't that interested, so it looks like another episode of Eastenders will be on whilst I read a book!!

It's on catch up so try and watch if you can. I really enjoyed it. And looks good visually.

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2021, 03:46:48 AM »
Just finished watching it on ABC iview here in Australia, followed by a re-watching of The Trial of Christine Keeler... Both great productions of the early 1960s. Nothing wrong with a bit of 1960s reimagining binge-watching. When I have my television up and running, I may invest in the Endeavour and Inspector George Gently box sets too.

If anyone wanted to know, yes, Francoise Dior was a relation of fashion designer, Christian. He had already died in 1957.
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2021, 11:12:54 AM »
Just finished watching it on ABC iview here in Australia, followed by a re-watching of The Trial of Christine Keeler... Both great productions of the early 1960s. Nothing wrong with a bit of 1960s reimagining binge-watching. When I have my television up and running, I may invest in the Endeavour and Inspector George Gently box sets too.

If anyone wanted to know, yes, Francoise Dior was a relation of fashion designer, Christian. He had already died in 1957.

Hey, Becky, glad to have you back here, hope all's well Downunder!

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 08:05:10 PM »

All's well here, but I haven't been well myself since my last birthday in November (not COVID-19). This year has been rather an up and down year, to say the least.
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2021, 11:47:28 AM »

All's well here, but I haven't been well myself since my last birthday in November (not COVID-19). This year has been rather an up and down year, to say the least.

My best wishes...

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2021, 02:10:55 PM »

I've read Keelers books on the Profumo affair and found them fascinating.