Author Topic: "Get Back Part 1"  (Read 403 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
"Get Back Part 1"
« on: November 26, 2021, 12:13:18 AM »
I know, I know... the Beatles weren't "Mods", but
Just finished watching it, Amazing job Peter Jackson did. I vaguely remember "Let it Be"  when it was released, this is so much better. The footage looks like it was shot last week. Can't wait for the next 2 parts this weekend...

(Edit: I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread...THAT'S how excited I got!)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2021, 12:17:20 AM by detroitmike »
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: "Get Back Part 1"
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 11:29:15 AM »
Just finished watching it, Amazing job Peter Jackson did. I vaguely remember "Let it Be"  when it was released, this is so much better. The footage looks like it was shot last week. Can't wait for the next 2 parts this weekend...

(Edit: I just realized I posted this on the wrong thread...THAT'S how excited I got!)

Eager to watch that, Mike, a shame it's in Disney and not Netflix or Amazon  :-\

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2021, 12:30:49 PM »

Eager to watch that, Mike, a shame it's in Disney and not Netflix or Amazon  :-\

I know, G. I signed up for Disney+ just to see it, I saw Jackson interviewed and he's telling he may be thinking about releasing an 18 hour long director's cut, too...

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »

I know, G. I signed up for Disney+ just to see it, I saw Jackson interviewed and he's telling he may be thinking about releasing an 18 hour long director's cut, too...

I'd be all over that! Hope the DVD release doesn't take too long

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 11:07:54 AM »
Watched the first part and it's absolutely amazing. Due to work commitments etc etc, 2 and 3 will have to wait unfortunately.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

Becky_Moffitt_83

• Mod Goddess... enough said!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2021, 03:29:05 AM »
I know it's been a long time since I have posted anything, but I look forward to seeing this very soon. I'm a bit of a Beatles "anorak", so a lot of it doesn't surprise me about this. When you listen to the bootlegs that arose from these Get Back/Let it Be jam sessions, it's great to see this put to film, albeit in three parts. If there is indeed an 18 hour Director's Cut, I will definitely be investing in that too.
“The fashionable woman wears clothes. The clothes don't wear her.” Mary Quant

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2021, 12:14:33 PM »
I know it's been a long time since I have posted anything, but I look forward to seeing this very soon. I'm a bit of a Beatles "anorak", so a lot of it doesn't surprise me about this. When you listen to the bootlegs that arose from these Get Back/Let it Be jam sessions, it's great to see this put to film, albeit in three parts. If there is indeed an 18 hour Director's Cut, I will definitely be investing in that too.

I'm almost through Part 3 and I have to admit, knowing what's coming after this for the group, it's a little bit sad. they were so much better as a unit, I know McCartney sold a lot of records since, but none of them reach the artistic "peak" the group did.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2021, 07:51:03 PM »

I'm almost through Part 3 and I have to admit, knowing what's coming after this for the group, it's a little bit sad. they were so much better as a unit, I know McCartney sold a lot of records since, but none of them reach the artistic "peak" the group did.

Agree on all accounts, Mike