Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1532013 times)

Red Steve

• ...gettin' long in the tooth.
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 08:43:34 PM »
Love the Kaftan- don't think I could pull it off (just turned 40) but would consider one in black or brown for myself

I'm 43 but thought you  know what  I like  the style and I'm going to try it. My wife liked it and  my mates thought it was excellent  when I wore it  out the weekend I got  it.  8)

Can I say that's stunning mate, really cracking design and colour. I'm pushing 50 so would struggle to pull off a Kaftan, but would wear a shirt in the same fabric.

boss69

• Back again
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 08:48:34 PM »
Just ordered two Mikkel Rude long sleeve shirts - pink and tartan - on the 2 for 1 deal thats on their website at the moment. A very welcome offer. And a whole lot more welcoming than the bloke modelling them whose expression suggests that, given half the chance, would quite like to punch my lights out.

That made me laugh so much I almost spat my tea over the keyboard. They both look like a right pair of "wrong 'ens" don't they. I envisgae them being chased by Regan & Cater in an episode of the Sweeney driving a Mk 3 Ford Cortina, beige with a brown vinyl roof.

Maybe more Bodie and Doyle  :)
To be fair them blokes modelling the shirts, are just normal blokes as opposed to sickly, androgynous,young male models that you would see on an ASOS, or Fred Perry webpage. Makes a welcome change.
34 waist. 32 leg. 42/43 chest. size 9 shoe/boot

JasonLeeming

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »
Got a Hackett London Crombie for  20 on eBay.
Like this one: http://www.hackett.com/catalog/product/view/id/19976/s/outerwear-cashmere-blend-coat/category/157/?color=59

Think mine is an older version though as it's 75% wool 25% cashmere, so even better that I got it for 20.

theoneandonlyjasetheface

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 11:03:25 PM »
Love the Kaftan- don't think I could pull it off (just turned 40) but would consider one in black or brown for myself

I'm 43 but thought you  know what  I like  the style and I'm going to try it. My wife liked it and  my mates thought it was excellent  when I wore it  out the weekend I got  it.  8)

Can I say that's stunning mate, really cracking design and colour. I'm pushing 50 so would struggle to pull off a Kaftan, but would wear a shirt in the same fabric.

Thanks Steve. Rich who  makes  the  Shirts, could  definitely make you a more suitable design in that fabric. Whether  it  be a  penny  collar, a button down etc. His website  has  gone  live  now. He is also on facebook. Really  nice  bloke and really  helpful.

thesmirker

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 11:52:46 AM »
Whats the website link pls?

theoneandonlyjasetheface

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »

Jonny

• Just joined
    • View Profile
    • Jonny Monk Photography
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2013, 08:37:34 PM »
I can't find this design? Oi Polloi had them but were out of stock in my size when I last looked. Seem to have replaced the design with this one now:

I still like the look of the original, but at 60 still nicer than the Wiggo/FP range

Here you go mate, gonna pick one up myself on payday.
http://www.size.co.uk/product/le-coq-sportif-tholon-cycle-polo/051098/

Rooster

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 10:04:47 AM »
1960's 3/2 roll Olive Sack Jacket. Tiss lovely!!

Is at the tailors at the moment to add a bit of waist supression.

Jack.92

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 03:42:56 PM »
Pair of B. Weejun Penny Loafers (black) last night via ebay for 56 quid

Ade

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2013, 03:44:39 PM »
Just ordered two Mikkel Rude long sleeve shirts - pink and tartan - on the 2 for 1 deal thats on their website at the moment. A very welcome offer. And a whole lot more welcoming than the bloke modelling them whose expression suggests that, given half the chance, would quite like to punch my lights out.

Shirts arrived from that there Continent this morning - and bleedin' 'ansome they are too.

Is it wrong to admit getting an extra tingle of excitement from the Danish stamps on the parcel?
Shake it like a bowl o' soup....