Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1608401 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5030 on: September 20, 2020, 08:16:10 PM »

You know GS, it's all about the "details". Those smaller collars being sold by every maker now are too "mainstream" looking for me. ;)

Mike, this IS a small, deal-breaker collar for me, I don't think the A&Fs can be thrown into that category:

Hideous! :o
The top "Open V" is pret-ty small there GS, IMO. The other 2 yes, those aren't really that under-sized, BUT if I was looking at them personally I would have "passed" only because I could find something at AG or wherever a bit more to my OCD tastes ;)
... and again, Happy B Day!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: September 21, 2020, 10:06:14 AM »

Hideous! :o
The top "Open V" is pret-ty small there GS, IMO. The other 2 yes, those aren't really that under-sized, BUT if I was looking at them personally I would have "passed" only because I could find something at AG or wherever a bit more to my OCD tastes ;)
... and again, Happy B Day!

I think I can get away with it tbh, Mike, more concerned about the length, we'll see in a few days anyway (I hope). If earlier A&F tops are something to go by the collars are decent enough size wise.

And thanks for the birthday greetings, amigo!  :)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: September 21, 2020, 06:21:55 PM »
I'd given up on this Far Afield polo after a first attempt at purchasing resulted in the Spanish Mail losing the parcel during the first covid crisis; worse still, the top was sold out in my size before I had even a chance of reordering it. I have to say that the Far Afield guys made the process less painful with their second-to-none customer service.

So when they warned me they had restocked the polo, I jumped at the chance and after just three days since ordering here it is, safe and sound with me. Mike, I hope this collar will have your seal of approval  ;):

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: September 21, 2020, 06:53:53 PM »

Good collar, but the shirt is a bit blue fur ma tastes.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: September 22, 2020, 12:13:58 AM »
Well I like it.
Off a recommendation on here I got the plain long sleeved version from them which is solid blue about the colour of the middle panel.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: September 22, 2020, 12:50:28 AM »
I'd given up on this Far Afield polo after a first attempt at purchasing resulted in the Spanish Mail losing the parcel during the first covid crisis; worse still, the top was sold out in my size before I had even a chance of reordering it. I have to say that the Far Afield guys made the process less painful with their second-to-none customer service.

So when they warned me they had restocked the polo, I jumped at the chance and after just three days since ordering here it is, safe and sound with me. Mike, I hope this collar will have your seal of approval  ;):

Approved!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: September 22, 2020, 09:32:19 AM »

Approved!

Knew you would, Mike!!  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: September 22, 2020, 09:33:01 AM »

Good collar, but the shirt is a bit blue fur ma tastes.

Laird, they make quite a few tasty green numbers too!  ;)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: September 22, 2020, 09:37:38 AM »
Well I like it.
Off a recommendation on here I got the plain long sleeved version from them which is solid blue about the colour of the middle panel.

Do you mean this one, Rod? Nice

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: September 23, 2020, 01:25:04 AM »

Cheap n' cheerful cardigan fae H&M tae wear tae work in a couple ay months' time.

Fully cognisant ay the fact that the pocket will irritate the usual suspects oan here.