Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1647752 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5080 on: September 29, 2020, 05:28:32 PM »

I'm jealous Rafa; that kind of top just doesn't seem to suit me, they never look 'quite' right, but that looks great on you.

Congrats.

Thanks, my friend. Well, this one's really discreet and easy to match, not the usual striped number, maybe you should give it a chance, it's just 30 after all.

I'm quite short so often find these type of tops are often too long, so it's nothing to do with the cost (as you say, that's a really good price) I just seem to find myself sending them back, so tend to steer clear of them.

Just as an aside, I really like the trousers you're wearing in that photo. What brand are they if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers.

As a short man myself I fully share your concerns re. tops' length. In case it helps, I'm 5' 5" and the H&M cardie measures 27" from the top part of the collar to the waist. It's a S size, but they also have it in XS.

The strides get lots of compliments from fellas in the know. One of my best purchases ever, 15 years or so ago and still in mint condition. They are Levi's 305 sta-prests, a 5 pockets variant that Levi's made in 3 colourways: POW, tan and black. I bought a couple pairs (tan and POW) and keep both till now. Unlike later non-LVCs sta-prests (511s and 502s if I'm not mistaken) the 305 are the real deal: slimmer and with an indestructible crease (the right polycotton mix, I guess). Hope they get a reissue, because they're superb, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: September 29, 2020, 06:02:42 PM »

I'm jealous Rafa; that kind of top just doesn't seem to suit me, they never look 'quite' right, but that looks great on you.

Congrats.

Thanks, my friend. Well, this one's really discreet and easy to match, not the usual striped number, maybe you should give it a chance, it's just 30 after all.

I'm quite short so often find these type of tops are often too long, so it's nothing to do with the cost (as you say, that's a really good price) I just seem to find myself sending them back, so tend to steer clear of them.

Just as an aside, I really like the trousers you're wearing in that photo. What brand are they if you don't mind me asking.

Cheers.

As a short man myself I fully share your concerns re. tops' length. In case it helps, I'm 5' 5" and the H&M cardie measures 27" from the top part of the collar to the waist. It's a S size, but they also have it in XS.

The strides get lots of compliments from fellas in the know. One of my best purchases ever, 15 years or so ago and still in mint condition. They are Levi's 305 sta-prests, a 5 pockets variant that Levi's made in 3 colourways: POW, tan and black. I bought a couple pairs (tan and POW) and keep both till now. Unlike later non-LVCs sta-prests (511s and 502s if I'm not mistaken) the 305 are the real deal: slimmer and with an indestructible crease (the right polycotton mix, I guess). Hope they get a reissue, because they're superb, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

They look tailor made they fit you that well, and still looking in great nick for their age.  Indeed, it would be nice if Levi's were to reissue something along those lines again.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: September 30, 2020, 09:27:27 AM »

They look tailor made they fit you that well, and still looking in great nick for their age.  Indeed, it would be nice if Levi's were to reissue something along those lines again.

Thanks, Chilli. Sadly, the trend seems to be the opposite for Levi's, as even in the current LVC season sta-prests are absent. BTW, LVC's Fall/Winter collection is utterly disappointing, the worst in years: Kentucky 80s Punk (?!?!), what were they thinking?

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: September 30, 2020, 10:48:47 AM »

Thanks, Chilli. Sadly, the trend seems to be the opposite for Levi's, as even in the current LVC season sta-prests are absent. BTW, LVC's Fall/Winter collection is utterly disappointing, the worst in years: Kentucky 80s Punk (?!?!), what were they thinking?

To be honest, I stopped looking at their stuff a couple of years ago because it's been so disappointing as of late, though I'm sure our intrepid style correspondent will update us if they ever return to past glories  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: September 30, 2020, 04:02:35 PM »

To be honest, I stopped looking at their stuff a couple of years ago because it's been so disappointing as of late, though I'm sure our intrepid style correspondent will update us if they ever return to past glories  ;D

;D  What about "Soho Modernists", "French Riviera Jetset", "Les Minets", "Original Kingston's Rude Boys" or "Brooklyn 60s Latin Barrio"? Just giving them some food for thought. Of course, I'll keep a finger on the "corporate" pulse  ;)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5085 on: October 01, 2020, 08:47:09 AM »

;D  What about "Soho Modernists", "French Riviera Jetset", "Les Minets", "Original Kingston's Rude Boys" or "Brooklyn 60s Latin Barrio"? Just giving them some food for thought. Of course, I'll keep a finger on the "corporate" pulse  ;)

;D 8) (though I have to admit, I had to Google what 'Les Minets' were  :-[)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 10:57:41 AM by Chilli »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5086 on: October 01, 2020, 10:59:58 AM »

Tres chic, mon ami 8)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5087 on: October 01, 2020, 11:20:11 AM »

Tres chic, mon ami 8)

Oui oui monsieur  ;)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5088 on: October 01, 2020, 07:15:27 PM »
Never bought from these before though I've seen and heard many good things about them, so when I've just seen the new shoes on offer from Dr. Watson I just had to have them; here's the link  - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/867511497/corduroy-shoes-by-dr-watson-shoemaker?ref=shop_home_active_4&utm_custom1=modculture.co.uk&source=aw&awc=6091_1601577443_0ec2eee597e582ee7a50815ae312b45d&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=uk_location_buyer&utm_content=78888&utm_term=137027&variation0=1537561441.  They come in the tan beige, which I've ordered, and in brown.

Very reminiscent shape wise of a pair of calf leather basketweave shoes I got from DNA about 15 years ago.  I think these look lovely, though as you would expect, not cheap.  I haven't told the wife yet, so I'm pleased I'm currently working from home and she's out at work all day  ;D.  No doubt I can use her usual excuse when she wears something new and claims it's been in the wardrobe for months/years  ;)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5089 on: October 01, 2020, 09:02:24 PM »
Never bought from these before though I've seen and heard many good things about them, so when I've just seen the new shoes on offer from Dr. Watson I just had to have them; here's the link  - https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/867511497/corduroy-shoes-by-dr-watson-shoemaker?ref=shop_home_active_4&utm_custom1=modculture.co.uk&source=aw&awc=6091_1601577443_0ec2eee597e582ee7a50815ae312b45d&utm_source=affiliate_window&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=uk_location_buyer&utm_content=78888&utm_term=137027&variation0=1537561441.  They come in the tan beige, which I've ordered, and in brown.

Very reminiscent shape wise of a pair of calf leather basketweave shoes I got from DNA about 15 years ago.  I think these look lovely, though as you would expect, not cheap.  I haven't told the wife yet, so I'm pleased I'm currently working from home and she's out at work all day  ;D.  No doubt I can use her usual excuse when she wears something new and claims it's been in the wardrobe for months/years  ;)

They look great , Chilli . They do look lovely and remind me of the cord shoes from Modshoes only your ones have a leather sole . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!