Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1525947 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5180 on: November 02, 2020, 12:58:12 PM »
Just received a couple more tops to add to the wardrobe; nothing exceptional or groundbreaking, just a few more staples for everyday wear:
https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-brunswick-in-ivory-cobalt-blue-stripes-knitwear-polo-by-66-clothing/
https://www.artgalleryclothing.co.uk/product/haye-6/
and also the same top in 'Wine' which seems to have disappeared from the site!!

Looks like a decent price for a merino mix . What is the fit like Chilli.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5181 on: November 02, 2020, 02:05:11 PM »
Just received a couple more tops to add to the wardrobe; nothing exceptional or groundbreaking, just a few more staples for everyday wear:
https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-brunswick-in-ivory-cobalt-blue-stripes-knitwear-polo-by-66-clothing/

The material is an equal 50% mix I think (I can't check as it's another Xmas present from Mrs Chilli, so she's sent it off to Santa to be delivered next month  ;D)

I've bought a few of their shirts from the 66 clothing range and had to size down with these (unusually!!), so I wasn't sure what their polo's would be like (I think its their first attempt at polo's).  Very helpfully though, if you order a top in 2 different sizes, Mod Shoes provide you with a postage-free Returns label (though tops have to cost 55 and above each to qualify for this), so I was able to order my usual size polo top and the size smaller.  I ended up keeping the smaller size and returning the other.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 04:48:02 PM by Chilli »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5182 on: November 02, 2020, 05:31:28 PM »

The material is an equal 50% mix I think (I can't check as it's another Xmas present from Mrs Chilli, so she's sent it off to Santa to be delivered next month  ;D)

I've bought a few of their shirts from the 66 clothing range and had to size down with these (unusually!!), so I wasn't sure what their polo's would be like (I think its their first attempt at polo's).  Very helpfully though, if you order a top in 2 different sizes, Mod Shoes provide you with a postage-free Returns label (though tops have to cost 55 and above each to qualify for this), so I was able to order my usual size polo top and the size smaller.  I ended up keeping the smaller size and returning the other.
I have sized down on his shoes but despite there being some great looking shirts , the small is a 38 which may be on the baggy side or maybe not .
I may dip in on one of the shirts on the New Year

( As far as Christmas is concerned Boris has cancelled it , Santa has tested positive to Covert 29 and has a headache)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5183 on: November 02, 2020, 06:47:03 PM »
I've seen those new Andy's polos, they're OK and I'm sure they're the usual MS decent quality and will sell well, but they look too busy for me, so to speak.

Modshoes (through their clothing label "66") are dipping their toes in the knitwear department after the previous jackets and shirts, which is nice: I really wish they do well, new alternatives are always welcome and prices are reasonable.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5184 on: November 02, 2020, 07:40:27 PM »
ACG 8 . .

. .sample sale , the label is upside down. . ;D

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5185 on: November 02, 2020, 08:01:14 PM »

I have sized down on his shoes but despite there being some great looking shirts , the small is a 38 which may be on the baggy side or maybe not .

( As far as Christmas is concerned Boris has cancelled it , Santa has tested positive to Covert 29 and has a headache)

The shirts are not slim fit (they're not baggy either), hence me having to size down, therefore if you normally take a 38 slim fit shirt, then I think the 66 range of shirts may come up too big for you.  It's always worth giving them a try though, just for your own peace of mind.

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5186 on: November 02, 2020, 09:30:11 PM »

The shirts are not slim fit (they're not baggy either), hence me having to size down, therefore if you normally take a 38 slim fit shirt, then I think the 66 range of shirts may come up too big for you.  It's always worth giving them a try though, just for your own peace of mind.

Sizing went a bit awry somewhere in recent years . Normally , l would buy a 141/2 " or in some brands a 15" but the 38" 66 is being marketed as a 151/2 " . Over the years l have had phone conversations with the likes of Adam , AoL and Cladius but attempts to speak to Andy have so far been fruitless. .

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5187 on: November 03, 2020, 08:49:38 AM »
ACG 8 . .

Is this genuine, Mr B? Not seen anything and I get regular e-mails from them?
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5188 on: November 03, 2020, 11:27:20 AM »
ACG 8 . .

The are on flea bay Doc , l think it is slight seconds as l say , mine has the label on the wrong way but it doesn't bother your Celtic brother at all . .

DrGonzo2411

• Dressing fine and making time.....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5189 on: November 04, 2020, 08:45:28 AM »
ACG 8 . .

The are on flea bay Doc , l think it is slight seconds as l say , mine has the label on the wrong way but it doesn't bother your Celtic brother at all . .

Cheers, bud, I'll have a look. Upside down label wouldn't bother me either!
36/33 waist/leg, 46 chest, 10 shoe/boot