Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1440318 times)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5250 on: February 07, 2021, 02:57:27 AM »
Ray ban reissued Olympian II shades:
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: February 07, 2021, 03:32:17 AM »
 Very cool Mike. We talked about these on here a while back along with Martin F. (Where is Martin F these days?). Anyway I didn’t know they’d been reissued. Hope you like ‘em!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: February 07, 2021, 10:52:05 AM »
Love them, Mike, really cool  8)

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 07, 2021, 12:01:55 PM »
Love them, Mike, really cool  8)
Very cool Mike. We talked about these on here a while back along with Martin F. (Where is Martin F these days?). Anyway I didn’t know they’d been reissued. Hope you like ‘em!
Thanks guys, I was waiting for them to re issue these. They did a "wrap around" version which looked too "The Terminator" for me. Plus these were $50 off too  8)

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: February 07, 2021, 02:30:27 PM »
I don’t do gold. I was looking at a similarly styled pair in silver when I was in the Moscot shop in New York (worth a look at their website as they only sell their own brand, some unique and distinctive styles there) but they were HYOOOGE! - much bigger than the RayBans I reckon.  If they’d made them in smaller dimensions they’d have been fine. I occasionally see silver or gunmetal Olympians pop up on eBay but these being a distinctive style I’d like the chance to try them on rather than take an internet gamble.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: February 07, 2021, 03:11:53 PM »
I don’t do gold. I was looking at a similarly styled pair in silver when I was in the Moscot shop in New York (worth a look at their website as they only sell their own brand, some unique and distinctive styles there) but they were HYOOOGE! - much bigger than the RayBans I reckon.  If they’d made them in smaller dimensions they’d have been fine. I occasionally see silver or gunmetal Olympians pop up on eBay but these being a distinctive style I’d like the chance to try them on rather than take an internet gamble.
Well Rod, they do offer free returns, and the $50 off deal was on the gold (which I've warmed up to the last few years, I was a "never gold-er" for a while ;) ) They offer black, silver, and gun metal also
https://www.ray-ban.com/usa/sunglasses/RB3619%20UNISEX%20003-olympian%20ii%20deluxe-shiny%20gunmetal/8056597242257?category_Id=2551145

Rod

• View Profile
« Reply #5256 on: February 07, 2021, 09:31:24 PM »
Cheers Mike. Some of those combos look really cool. I didn’t even know that RB had revived the style but it’s long overdue eh?

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: February 08, 2021, 12:28:50 AM »
Cheers Mike. Some of those combos look really cool. I didn’t even know that RB had revived the style but it’s long overdue eh?
I've been looking for that original style for years now, have a pair of MOSCOT "Izzy" which are close, (Actually more like the "Lennon Rain" shades) so I jumped when got the promo email...
Definitely overdue. Ray ban has been good the last few years with reissues.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: February 08, 2021, 11:06:18 AM »
No problem with golden frames myself, the Caravan/Aviator vtg shades my old man gave me are gold. I love the Olympians, but I'm afraid they're to wide for me. Tempted instead by two other models: the Daddy-O and the Hexagonal.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5259 on: February 08, 2021, 11:57:20 AM »
No problem with golden frames myself, the Caravan/Aviator vtg shades my old man gave me are gold. I love the Olympians, but I'm afraid they're to wide for me. Tempted instead by two other models: the Daddy-O and the Hexagonal.
I have an old pair of the "Hexagonal", I'll find out if they're too wide when they arrive, like I said prior,  the "free returns" does come in handy.