Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1649334 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5380 on: May 24, 2021, 04:20:33 PM »
These button through polo cardigans - I imagine that short sleeved versions are worn just the same as a conventional polo unless you’re going for the Jonny Drama look from Entourage (unbuttoned with wife beater on display!)
What about long sleeved versions. Do people wear them over a t shirt? Unbuttoned at the top with t shirt showing? Or more like a long sleeve polo or rugby shirt with either all buttons done or the top one only unbuttoned?
Just curious to learn what sort of variance of styles exists.

Over the last few years I've changed my wearing habits regarding polos and button-through cardies. I used to always fasten the top button, regardless of them being long or short sleeves, including the cardies. A t shirt underneath just with the wool l/s ones.

But I've gradually taken an eclectic view: I mean, regarding 3 buttons short sleeves polos, sometimes -depending even on the fabric and/or the colour of the polo- I fasten just one or two of the bottom buttons and leave the top one undone (obviously, no t-shirt); if the polo is a bit more "formal" (usually darker ones), I button the three.

If the 3 buttons' polo is long sleeves, I stick to the "3 buttons done" rule, though I've got mostly "open" collar -ie no butons placket- l/s polos these days so the question doesn't arise often.

Re. button-through cardies, be them short or long sleeves I tend to wear a knitted high collar top or a high collar t-shirt underneath, not every time but often. And leave the top button undone, and maybe the bottom button undone too. With the long sleeves' ones, I also like a contrasting turtleneck or rollneck underneath.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: May 25, 2021, 07:57:39 AM »
Oddly, the one you're asking about is pretty similar to an A&Fitch top I bought last year, so thumbs up from me, of course. Though A&F are better quality than Next, and softer to the touch, I find Next tops decent stuff for the money. The one you've grabbed is quite nice too (and collars seem kosher)! 8). Only weird detail is the bottom button's extremely high placing!  :o

The polo arrived in the post today. The one I received actually had another button below the one in the picture so I was pleasantly surprised by that. While the last button isn't on the actual waistband it's about 2 inches from the bottom of the hem, so looks better. Well it would if I was skinny    :o

Ah, the ubiquitous 'muscle fit'; I think Next does sometimes fall foul of that current trend. 

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: May 25, 2021, 08:01:13 AM »
Just ordered one of these beauties .

Yep, seen those too. It's on the list of purchases, and for a great cause too.

Maybe when we're able to meet in greater numbers (I live in hope!!), we can all meet in our Modculture T-shirts and talk about how individual we all are  ;D.  On second thoughts, maybe not  8)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: May 25, 2021, 10:48:48 AM »

Maybe when we're able to meet in greater numbers (I live in hope!!), we can all meet in our Modculture T-shirts and talk about how individual we all are  ;D.  On second thoughts, maybe not  8)

Just purchased mine, so I'm in for the individuals meeting! Maybe I decorate mine with badges or an strategic tear to stay ahead of the curve  ;D

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: May 25, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »

Just purchased mine, so I'm in for the individuals meeting! Maybe I decorate mine with badges or an strategic tear to stay ahead of the curve  ;D

Don't wear your roundel badge with the word 'Mod' emblazoned across it; I'm wearing that one!!  ;D

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5385 on: May 25, 2021, 03:12:26 PM »
I've got a "Mods Rule" one.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: May 25, 2021, 04:43:39 PM »
I reckon you would need to expalin what a Mod is now to a large proportion of the general public . The Two-Tone explosion and the movie Quadrophenia certainly would have brought it home to people in the late 7ts early 8ts but there hasn't been anything like that for a long time . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: May 25, 2021, 05:17:50 PM »
I reckon you would need to expalin what a Mod is now to a large proportion of the general public . The Two-Tone explosion and the movie Quadrophenia certainly would have brought it home to people in the late 7ts early 8ts but there hasn't been anything like that for a long time . .

True!!  If you walked around with a Modculture t-shirt or 'Mods' badge nowadays most kids would think it was something to do with computer gaming!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: May 25, 2021, 05:26:55 PM »
I've got a "Mods Rule" one.

I had that one in 1981, Adam!!  ;D God knows where is it right now, mod heaven probably  :(

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: May 25, 2021, 05:28:08 PM »

Don't wear your roundel badge with the word 'Mod' emblazoned across it; I'm wearing that one!!  ;D

s**t!!!!  >:(