Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1647830 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5560 on: September 23, 2021, 03:56:05 PM »

Hi Rafa hope you and yours are all good  ;)

Well, I can't complain, Dave. Best wishes to you and yours too!

BrianB

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5561 on: September 23, 2021, 04:05:24 PM »
Bought these recently from Claudio

To combine with these

Have a pair of those trousers myself and love 'em....the higher rise is a nice part from the usual hipster rise , helps stir up a little variance in the wardrobe...great looks with a blazer and a blue oxford...add some weejuns and you're set

Dig the natural gum on those sneakers!
Initials B.B.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5562 on: September 24, 2021, 10:58:28 AM »
Yesterday's arrival. Made in Italy 50s-like faux collar tennis shirt, a bargain thanks to a birthday Yoox discount code. Fred Perry had a similar Reissue jumper, but at four times the price!

Colour is darker than it appears in the pics, more burgundy than red, and I love the hem detail. The discreet logo I can live with.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5563 on: September 25, 2021, 01:05:04 PM »
Allen Edmunds dress Chukka's

(I like the way the look with my DNA's "bruno" and parallel leg trousers)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5564 on: September 25, 2021, 05:28:21 PM »
Allen Edmunds dress Chukka's

(I like the way the look with my DNA's "bruno" and parallel leg trousers)

Very much your style, Mike, good score!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5565 on: September 28, 2021, 11:20:04 AM »
New chapter of my ongoing "bespoke jacket" series. Yesterday afternoon was the appointment for first fitting. As you can see, the jacket (that allegedly will take almost 70 hours' work, mostly by hand) is still in a sketch stage, but some important details had to be clarified, especially the lenght (including sleeves' lenght), buttons stance/ chest crossing and -paramount- the back/waist fit.I found it a wee large for my tastes so it'll be a bit shorter than in the pics.

Lapels shape and width, pockets, vents and other essential features can be altered after the second fitting so they took a backseat here, though I explained once more the kind of lapels I wanted (drawings and pics included) and I insisted in my unpadded shoulders' battle, even taking with me a natural shoulders jacket so they could see what I wanted. My tailor considers unpadded shoulders a telling trait of off the peg jackets and so he's averse to them, but I made him promise he'd made an exception here!  ;D

Stay tuned for next updates, gents!

Mutley

• View Profile
« Reply #5566 on: September 28, 2021, 12:13:54 PM »
Lovely cloth GS.
If you ooze masculinity, like some of us do, you have no reason to fear pink.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5567 on: September 28, 2021, 05:52:55 PM »
Lovely cloth GS.

It is, my friend, also a gorgeous touch to it.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #5568 on: September 29, 2021, 05:22:21 PM »
Interesting stuff Syd.

When I went for my full bespoke wedding suit (christ almost ten years ago!) I was hoping to have a series of pics and commentary as it took shape as you’re doing, but the whole business left me feeling completely deflated as I described here:

https://rodsmodblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/31/bespoke-weeding-suit-a-cautionary-tale/

Glad you’re enjoying the process Syd, which is of course half the fun of what you’re paying for. Good luck for a satisfactory outcome!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5569 on: September 29, 2021, 06:04:44 PM »
Interesting stuff Syd.

When I went for my full bespoke wedding suit (christ almost ten years ago!) I was hoping to have a series of pics and commentary as it took shape as you’re doing, but the whole business left me feeling completely deflated as I described here:

https://rodsmodblog.wordpress.com/2019/07/31/bespoke-weeding-suit-a-cautionary-tale/

Glad you’re enjoying the process Syd, which is of course half the fun of what you’re paying for. Good luck for a satisfactory outcome!

Mmm, interesting re-reading, Rod. Well, my experience with my tailor has been satisfying so far, truth is you need to insist on certain issues (as the shoulders' padding or the chest cross) and hold firmly your ground, but he's been in the trade for 60+ years and knows what he's doing.

He has settled for certain mainstream style (the one the average customer demands, after all), but he's cut jackets and suits in all the prevalent styles across those decades, and he had seen before the kind of jacket I want and knows how to do it. Most importantly, he wouldn't allow the proportions of the garment to be ruined in any case.

Anyway, thanks for your wishes, my friend, I'm sure the outcome will be superb.