Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1484306 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5220 on: January 21, 2021, 01:57:45 AM »
I’ve probably mentioned it one here a time or twenty but I have a similar pea coat and I love it! Great score there matey!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: January 22, 2021, 12:27:04 PM »
Now that's what I call hitting the jackpot in a big way, it didn't happen to me ever before and it's unlikely it'll happen again.
It was a risky bet for starters, as I ordered these made in Italy jeans from Yoox without previous experience with the brand (Mauro Grifoni).
Well, I can only say they're not just superb stuff -100% cotton, perfect deep indigo colour, fit a dead ringer for 511s of yore (even better on me than 511s, like they were bespoke!), button fly instead of zip...- , they were also the right length, so I won't even have to get them shortened! And they were 40 €!!!!!
If I had to be critical, I don't get why they've ironed a crease on them, but nothing I can't fix myself with an iron.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: January 22, 2021, 01:54:06 PM »
Now that's what I call hitting the jackpot in a big way, it didn't happen to me ever before and it's unlikely it'll happen again.
It was a risky bet for starters, as I ordered these made in Italy jeans from Yoox without previous experience with the brand (Mauro Grifoni).
Well, I can only say they're not just superb stuff -100% cotton, perfect deep indigo colour, fit a dead ringer for 511s of yore (even better on me than 511s, like they were bespoke!), button fly instead of zip...- , they were also the right length, so I won't even have to get them shortened! And they were 40 €!!!!!
If I had to be critical, I don't get why they've ironed a crease on them, but nothing I can't fix myself with an iron.

I like the look of those jeans Rafa.  I've had a look on the site but can't find them; do you have a link you can share?

Cheers.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: January 22, 2021, 06:00:55 PM »
Paul, for some reason I can't copy the link here (using a tablet now, not the computer), but the seller is Yoox and the reference number of the jeans is 42753984KQ.

You should know that I'm a 29" size in Levi's and I ordered the same size. Hope it helps

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: January 22, 2021, 06:48:46 PM »
Paul, for some reason I can't copy the link here (using a tablet now, not the computer), but the seller is Yoox and the reference number of the jeans is 42753984KQ.

You should know that I'm a 29" size in Levi's and I ordered the same size. Hope it helps
[/quote

Thanks Rafa. There's nothing showing up with that reference number. I'll try using the laptop later to see if I can find them.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: January 22, 2021, 07:51:29 PM »

They look the dogs , Sydney, even with plimsoles . .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: January 22, 2021, 08:30:50 PM »

They look the dogs , Sydney, even with plimsoles . .

Plimsoles are the way to go with them, hermano  ;D

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: January 23, 2021, 01:44:42 AM »
They look great, if I hadn't grab some of the uniqlo before Christmas I'm pretty sure I'd be taking a punt on these myself.

Am I the only one not minding the crease in jeans, don't get me wrong I don't do it myself but I've seen it looking quite good on a few people  :-X

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: January 23, 2021, 12:19:44 PM »
They look great, if I hadn't grab some of the uniqlo before Christmas I'm pretty sure I'd be taking a punt on these myself.

Am I the only one not minding the crease in jeans, don't get me wrong I don't do it myself but I've seen it looking quite good on a few people  :-X

Coop, some gentlemen of our persuasion prefer them that way and I guess you can get away with it if you match them with the right garments. But I (and it's just my opinion) consider jeans to be strictly casual wear, don't feel comfortable with a crease on them, my limit for central creases are chinos (I like them both ways).