Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1440262 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5230 on: January 23, 2021, 01:16:35 PM »

They look the dogs , Sydney, even with plimsoles . .

Plimsoles are the way to go with them, hermano  ;D

I can't remember when l last had a pair of plimsoles but it wasn't this century, a different era . I have always favoured a more substantial leather upper when purchasing indoor sport footwear. 
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: January 23, 2021, 05:36:56 PM »

I can't remember when l last had a pair of plimsoles but it wasn't this century, a different era . I have always favoured a more substantial leather upper when purchasing indoor sport footwear.

Simon, funnily I prefer plimsoles now rather than trainers. I swore by Adidas when I was young, but the humble pumps have steadily grown on me with age: I simply find them more suitable for me now with their simple, classic designs and discreet colours. I still own a couple pairs of trainers, but I definitely wear more the low-tech Purcells, Sperries or old basketball white boots. Maybe it has to do with our weather too, you can wear canvas pumps most of the year here without fear of freezing-related toes amputation!  ;)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: January 23, 2021, 06:49:12 PM »

Simon, funnily I prefer plimsoles now rather than trainers. I swore by Adidas when I was young, but the humble pumps have steadily grown on me with age: I simply find them more suitable for me now with their simple, classic designs and discreet colours. I still own a couple pairs of trainers, but I definitely wear more the low-tech Purcells, Sperries or old basketball white boots. Maybe it has to do with our weather too, you can wear canvas pumps most of the year here without fear of freezing-related toes amputation!  ;)
Yup , you might be right about the temp thing . When I went out this morning  it was -2 and hey l still see men wearing shorts and plimsoles considering how close ones foot is to the icy pavement .  Scottish comedian, Billy Connolly, once said there was no such thing as bad weather only inappropriate clothing. .🤗
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: January 24, 2021, 03:41:10 PM »

Yup , you might be right about the temp thing . When I went out this morning  it was -2 and hey l still see men wearing shorts and plimsoles considering how close ones foot is to the icy pavement .  Scottish comedian, Billy Connolly, once said there was no such thing as bad weather only inappropriate clothing. .🤗

And he was right... to a certain extent. In extreme climates there's a limit to what a man can bear, even with the appropriate clothing on.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: January 25, 2021, 12:02:55 PM »
Paul: https://www.yoox.com/es/42753984KQ/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=42753984KQ&sizeId=&sizeName=

Thanks for that Rafa.  They're not on the Yoox UK site, which is what I was searching trying to find them.  Unfortunately, they don't have them in my size anyway, so it's not worth trying to order them via the Spanish link you've uploaded and paying the extra for P+P and whatever other charges are being made since 1st January.

Thanks for sharing anyway. 

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5235 on: January 25, 2021, 07:19:27 PM »
Paul: https://www.yoox.com/es/42753984KQ/item#dept=men&sts=sr_men80&cod10=42753984KQ&sizeId=&sizeName=

Thanks for that Rafa.  They're not on the Yoox UK site, which is what I was searching trying to find them.  Unfortunately, they don't have them in my size anyway, so it's not worth trying to order them via the Spanish link you've uploaded and paying the extra for P+P and whatever other charges are being made since 1st January.

Thanks for sharing anyway.

You're welcome, Paul. Yes, a shame the undesired Brexit side-effects  :-[

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: January 25, 2021, 11:00:24 PM »
Navy Cord Blazer from LBM 1911
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: January 26, 2021, 12:13:14 PM »
Navy Cord Blazer from LBM 1911

I don't wear DB jackets myself, but anyway I find cord a bit too casual a fabric for a DB blazer

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: January 26, 2021, 04:21:26 PM »

I don't wear DB jackets myself, but anyway I find cord a bit too casual a fabric for a DB blazer
Not me GS, but then again, I'm a "rule breaker" ;D
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: January 28, 2021, 10:34:28 AM »
First new item of 2021 is a henley / collar-less shirt from Capirari

As sported by Weller, and now me!

Also, wanted to say what great customer service Capirari show - shirt arrived incredibly quickly, excellent packaging, and no post-Brexit charges

Finally, there's a sale on so fill your boots! Or, indeed, your shirts.