Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1692970 times)

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5340 on: March 19, 2021, 06:15:43 PM »
Just got a pair of Stan Ray OGs BNWT off eBay for $45.
They’re in the hot wash now to see if they’ll shrink then they’ll need some tailoring but I like these for a pair of knockabout strides.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: March 19, 2021, 06:21:34 PM »
Mod shoes is in the process of releasing it's spring/summer range and have a nice selection of Gabicci short sleeved tops available, so just ordered the top that you should be able to see at the link below. Hopefully we'll get a few weeks in the summer when the weather's warm enough to make use of it  ;D

https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/gabicci-short-sleeve-polo-in-sand/

Not a fan of Gabicci tops usually, Paul, but that one ticks all the boxes, understated and nice colour (I could do without the chest label, though). BTW, keep an eye on Modshoes 'cos Andy is about to launch some nice new designs for his own '66 label.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: March 19, 2021, 07:01:08 PM »
Mod shoes is in the process of releasing it's spring/summer range and have a nice selection of Gabicci short sleeved tops available, so just ordered the top that you should be able to see at the link below. Hopefully we'll get a few weeks in the summer when the weather's warm enough to make use of it  ;D

Not a fan of Gabicci tops usually, Paul, but that one ticks all the boxes, understated and nice colour (I could do without the chest label, though). BTW, keep an eye on Modshoes 'cos Andy is about to launch some nice new designs for his own '66 label.

It was the colour that sold it to me, and the style is reminiscent of the Penguin vintage tops though, in my opinion, better quality.  I'm not a big fan of chest labels either but I think the Gabicci label is discreet enough for me.

Thanks for the heads up on the 66 range. I liked the knitted polo's they released last year, and bought the white version of those tops, so I'll keep a look out for their new range.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: March 19, 2021, 07:19:56 PM »

I used to have a similar opinion of Gabici,  a menswear shop in the city sold a barrel full of it and l considered it old men's tat. Then their kit started turning up in TKMaxx and l now have some decent Gabici number including a rather fetching 3 button ( covered buttons) , wool chalk stripe nos , their stuff is well put together for the money and a good fit for me . They are like the 'Ford' of big Mod clothing outfitters.  .
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 07:25:34 PM by Simon Bond »
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: March 19, 2021, 08:22:02 PM »
Like the colour and piping of the polo but I don't like the waist band around the bottom, especially with my gut these days
Do it well

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: April 12, 2021, 02:25:31 PM »
Actually, this new Spanish top looks too close to one of Scott Fraser's latest designs for comfort. But given the huge price points' divergence, I doubt their respective targeted markets overlap. Dunno you, guys, but I can't afford even half an SF knit  :-\

Cooper 8686

• View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: April 12, 2021, 04:45:56 PM »
Actually, this new Spanish top looks too close to one of Scott Fraser's latest designs for comfort. But given the huge price points' divergence, I doubt their respective targeted markets overlap. Dunno you, guys, but I can't afford even half an SF knit  :-\

It looks great, I wouldn't worry about the similar design given that they're both copies/versions of a top from The Talented Mr Ripley.

Agreed re Scott Fraser pricing, it is on the high side.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: April 12, 2021, 05:16:16 PM »
Cheers, Coop, yes, well spotted: it's the polo shirt Jude Law/Dickie Greenleaf wears (mine with a more restrained collar), so no one can claim copyrights on it, I guess.

For more on JL's Ripley wardrobe (even the Scott Fraser tribute!):

https://bamfstyle.com/2019/08/05/talented-mr-ripley-dickie-white-gray-shirt/

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: April 16, 2021, 10:11:55 PM »
Another batch of shirts released today from the 66 Clothing range on Mod Shoes, so I've pulled the trigger on this one to go with a dark brown 3 button suit: https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-jackpot-white-brown-stripe-high-collar-button-down-long-sleeve-shirt-mod-skin-style/

Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now before I'll have somewhere to go when I can actually wear them  8).

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: April 16, 2021, 11:01:59 PM »
Another batch of shirts released today from the 66 Clothing range on Mod Shoes, so I've pulled the trigger on this one to go with a dark brown 3 button suit: https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-jackpot-white-brown-stripe-high-collar-button-down-long-sleeve-shirt-mod-skin-style/

Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now before I'll have somewhere to go when I can actually wear them  8).

Looks good Chillster. Are you getting the size small ?

Hopefully wont be too long til you can get a good beer after a decent game o'  fitba' ...........................................
LET'S GO BRANDON!!