Author Topic: Whats the last item you bought?  (Read 1647707 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Whats the last item you bought?
« Reply #5350 on: April 17, 2021, 11:46:32 AM »
Another batch of shirts released today from the 66 Clothing range on Mod Shoes, so I've pulled the trigger on this one to go with a dark brown 3 button suit: https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-jackpot-white-brown-stripe-high-collar-button-down-long-sleeve-shirt-mod-skin-style/

Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now before I'll have somewhere to go when I can actually wear them  8).

Great choice, Paul! It reminds me of a classic Ben Sherman  8)

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: April 17, 2021, 07:18:34 PM »
Another batch of shirts released today from the 66 Clothing range on Mod Shoes, so I've pulled the trigger on this one to go with a dark brown 3 button suit: https://www.modshoes.co.uk/product/the-jackpot-white-brown-stripe-high-collar-button-down-long-sleeve-shirt-mod-skin-style/

Hopefully, it shouldn't be too long now before I'll have somewhere to go when I can actually wear them  8).

Looks good Chillster. Are you getting the size small ?

Hopefully wont be too long til you can get a good beer after a decent game o'  fitba' ...........................................

Medium Neil; the small is just a bit too snug fitting for me.

Too late for this season but I'm expecting we'll be ok for the new season beginning in August 🤞

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: April 17, 2021, 07:22:20 PM »

Great choice, Paul! It reminds me of a classic Ben Sherman  8)

Yes there's definitely a similarity to some of the old BS shirts.  As soon as I saw a preview of the shirt I thought it would go really well with one of my suits so pulled the trigger as soon as I could. 

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: April 17, 2021, 09:06:44 PM »

Hopefully wont be too long til you can get a good beer after a decent game o'  fitba' ...........................................

Too late for this season but I'm expecting we'll be ok for the new season beginning in August 🤞
Got it . Not quite sure of Andy's sizing on the shirts . Got a small in the monkey jacket but no way is it a 38" , so l am kinda thinking it is the same with the shirts . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: April 17, 2021, 09:08:15 PM »
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5355 on: April 18, 2021, 12:02:34 PM »

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: April 18, 2021, 02:10:23 PM »

Saw that too, Simon, nice design

Aye compadre,  it reminded me of cycling jerseys of old and a short break from my usual , stripes.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: April 18, 2021, 04:34:05 PM »
Yes, it's got that vibe, but a wee more discreet and without the needless -for non-riding gear, I mean- rear pockets.

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: April 18, 2021, 06:36:40 PM »

Got it . Not quite sure of Andy's sizing on the shirts . Got a small in the monkey jacket but no way is it a 38" , so l am kinda thinking it is the same with the shirts . .

I've got a couple of the monkey jackets, both in medium, so I'd say the jackets and shirts are comparable size wise.  The sizing descriptions on Mod Shoes can be a little confusing; a Small is described as a 38, but if you scroll down to their size chart a Small is described as 38-40, so 40 is probably closer to true size.  I've noticed some of the newly released 66 shirts come in an XS, so these might be closer to a true 38 so might be worth looking into Neil.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:56:04 PM by Chilli »

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: April 18, 2021, 06:41:19 PM »

I'm waiting to see what else Art Gallery release in their Spring/Summer range before deciding on new s/s tops. I do like this top though and might give it a try regardless of what else takes my fancy from them.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 07:00:20 PM by Chilli »