Author Topic: Things that really piss you off  (Read 397305 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Things that really piss you off
« Reply #1050 on: October 06, 2021, 06:48:59 PM »
Maybe we should launch a "l wouldn't wear that. ." thread 😝
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 07, 2021, 06:44:44 AM »
Not entirely sure why exactly but this does piss me off.
Why does it seem the world and his wife HAVE to dress in baseball caps and hoodies ( almost always grey) even in fine weather?  And pretty much N##e too.

Bloody hell Mo, you must have some time on your hands today to trawl back nearly 6 years for this thread  :o

I know this answer is going to seem like a massive cop-out, but over the past few years I've been making a conscious attempt not to let things that are outside of my control get to me.  It's massively helped my own wellbeing.  Having said that, like yourself, I don't really do (anti) social media, so that helps also.  So, whilst I have a great deal of sympathy with your comments, I'm really trying to not let things like that get to me (unfortunately, it doesn't always work!!  ;D)

Doing my best too Chilli but believe me, its not working.
What sometimes helps though, a little, is grab a bottle of vino, immerse myself in my own world and watch a decent film and listen to some real music.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 07, 2021, 06:47:06 AM »
Why does it seem the world and his wife HAVE to dress in baseball caps and hoodies ( almost always grey) even in fine weather?  And pretty much N##e too.

Grey or black.  There's a bloke lives near me that I've never...and I mean never seen him wearing anything else other than a black hoody and black joggers, even in the summer when its red hot....don't get it, but I'm older I don't think we're supposed to 'get it' lol.

The irony of them being called joggers, most of the people I see wearing  them clearly have never jogged in their lives. :D

Ha ha, I completely get what you're saying.  I just don't understand it at all with all this sportswear.  And yeah, how many have actually jogged anywhere?

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 07, 2021, 09:45:11 AM »

Bloody hell Mo, you must have some time on your hands today to trawl back nearly 6 years for this thread  :o

I know this answer is going to seem like a massive cop-out, but over the past few years I've been making a conscious attempt not to let things that are outside of my control get to me.  It's massively helped my own wellbeing.  Having said that, like yourself, I don't really do (anti) social media, so that helps also.  So, whilst I have a great deal of sympathy with your comments, I'm really trying to not let things like that get to me (unfortunately, it doesn't always work!!  ;D)

What sometimes helps though, a little, is grab a bottle of vino, immerse myself in my own world and watch a decent film and listen to some real music.

That's a good recipe for when you're fed up with the outer world.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 07, 2021, 01:04:45 PM »

Grey or black.  There's a bloke lives near me that I've never...and I mean never seen him wearing anything else other than a black hoody and black joggers, even in the summer when its red hot....don't get it, but I'm older I don't think we're supposed to 'get it' lol.

The irony of them being called joggers, most of the people I see wearing  them clearly have never jogged in their lives. :D

Ha ha, I completely get what you're saying.  I just don't understand it at all with all this sportswear.  And yeah, how many have actually jogged anywhere?

My guess is, they don't have to bother to think what they're putting on. My gripe is with the tores who stock nothing but trainers and "street wear".
 I used to get annoyed more by the sloppy dress of the masses, now I just think makes us all look that much better ;)

"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 07, 2021, 02:06:49 PM »

My guess is, they don't have to bother to think what they're putting on. My gripe is with the tores who stock nothing but trainers and "street wear".
 I used to get annoyed more by the sloppy dress of the masses, now I just think makes us all look that much better ;)

In our eyes anyway ;D, I remember discussing this with someone who stated they preferred the look of the jogger type outfit, it takes all sorts i guess.
Not stuck in the 60's

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 07, 2021, 08:37:16 PM »

In our eyes anyway ;D, I remember discussing this with someone who stated they preferred the look of the jogger type outfit, it takes all sorts i guess.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that, just out of curiosity...When I worked in an office and the dress code was "relaxed' it went to all Khaki chinos and very well worn polos (faded from washings, and even some of the chinos were frayed at the hem) the other odd thing I noticed was guys with a full head of hair "mowing" it off into a buzz cut. When I asked someone why they did that, they replied "I don't have to comb it when I get up" same thing with putting on the chinos. It was "no maintenance" dressing.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2021, 08:42:26 PM by detroitmike »
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 08, 2021, 07:51:05 AM »

It certainly works for me RAFA

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 08, 2021, 10:14:51 AM »

You're not alone on that, my friend

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 08, 2021, 12:17:12 PM »

You're not alone on that, my friend
Seems like an uphill battle sometimes. Sounds dramatic but that's how I feel.
Anyway, a nice bottle of vin rouge awaits. 😀