Author Topic: Things that really piss you off  (Read 397308 times)

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Things that really piss you off
« Reply #1060 on: October 08, 2021, 02:10:30 PM »
Not entirely sure why exactly but this does piss me off.
Why does it seem the world and his wife HAVE to dress in baseball caps and hoodies ( almost always grey) even in fine weather?  And pretty much N##e too.

Grey or black.  There's a bloke lives near me that I've never...and I mean never seen him wearing anything else other than a black hoody and black joggers, even in the summer when its red hot....don't get it, but I'm older I don't think we're supposed to 'get it' lol.

The irony of them being called joggers, most of the people I see wearing  them clearly have never jogged in their lives. :D

Ha ha, I completely get what you're saying.  I just don't understand it at all with all this sportswear.  And yeah, how many have actually jogged anywhere?

My guess is, they don't have to bother to think what they're putting on. My gripe is with the tores who stock nothing but trainers and "street wear".
 I used to get annoyed more by the sloppy dress of the masses, now I just think makes us all look that much better ;)

In our eyes anyway ;D, I remember discussing this with someone who stated they preferred the look of the jogger type outfit, it takes all sorts i guess.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that, just out of curiosity...When I worked in an office and the dress code was "relaxed' it went to all Khaki chinos and very well worn polos (faded from washings, and even some of the chinos were frayed at the hem) the other odd thing I noticed was guys with a full head of hair "mowing" it off into a buzz cut. When I asked someone why they did that, they replied "I don't have to comb it when I get up" same thing with putting on the chinos. It was "no maintenance" dressing.

Yeah I don't really remember the discussion as it was a few years ago now, I do remember them stating that some of the jogger outfits were like pieces of art (and yes they seem to really mean it).

I think the 'no maintenance' is definitely something most adhere too, and who can blame them?  They simply don't care about clothes.
Not stuck in the 60's

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 08, 2021, 02:34:22 PM »
Why does it seem the world and his wife HAVE to dress in baseball caps and hoodies ( almost always grey) even in fine weather?  And pretty much N##e too.

Grey or black.  There's a bloke lives near me that I've never...and I mean never seen him wearing anything else other than a black hoody and black joggers, even in the summer when its red hot....don't get it, but I'm older I don't think we're supposed to 'get it' lol.

The irony of them being called joggers, most of the people I see wearing  them clearly have never jogged in their lives. :D

Ha ha, I completely get what you're saying.  I just don't understand it at all with all this sportswear.  And yeah, how many have actually jogged anywhere?

My guess is, they don't have to bother to think what they're putting on. My gripe is with the tores who stock nothing but trainers and "street wear".
 I used to get annoyed more by the sloppy dress of the masses, now I just think makes us all look that much better ;)

In our eyes anyway ;D, I remember discussing this with someone who stated they preferred the look of the jogger type outfit, it takes all sorts i guess.

I'd like to hear the reasoning behind that, just out of curiosity...When I worked in an office and the dress code was "relaxed' it went to all Khaki chinos and very well worn polos (faded from washings, and even some of the chinos were frayed at the hem) the other odd thing I noticed was guys with a full head of hair "mowing" it off into a buzz cut. When I asked someone why they did that, they replied "I don't have to comb it when I get up" same thing with putting on the chinos. It was "no maintenance" dressing.

Yeah I don't really remember the discussion as it was a few years ago now, I do remember them stating that some of the jogger outfits were like pieces of art (and yes they seem to really mean it).

I think the 'no maintenance' is definitely something most adhere too, and who can blame them?  They simply don't care about clothes.

Joggers?  Pieces of art?   Ha ha, oh my god. 😂😂
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 08, 2021, 08:40:44 PM »

Joggers?  Pieces of art?   Ha ha, oh my god. 😂😂

I've heard of people collecting sneakers and displaying them like "art", never jogging suits, but who knows?!
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 08, 2021, 11:29:09 PM »
OK,then I came across this:

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 09, 2021, 08:21:18 AM »

Wow, that's some stunning piece of clothing, Mike (heavy sarcasm).
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: October 09, 2021, 11:19:20 AM »

;D Purcells being its only saving grace!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 09, 2021, 11:35:36 AM »

Wait til you see the price tag, MO... ;D

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 11, 2021, 04:32:09 AM »

Same story on the topic of beards. The relentless refrain from beardies is “I hate shaving” hence the ubiquitous face fungus.
Well I don’t exactly relish having to wipe my bum but given the consequences of not doing that I prefer to put in a bit of effort. Is it so much to expect a similar approach to shaving?

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 11, 2021, 12:55:59 PM »

Same story on the topic of beards. The relentless refrain from beardies is “I hate shaving” hence the ubiquitous face fungus.
Well I don’t exactly relish having to wipe my bum but given the consequences of not doing that I prefer to put in a bit of effort. Is it so much to expect a similar approach to shaving?

Have to say I hate shaving, not the shave itself but my skin is so sensitive I'm always left with a red face lol. So much so I often shave at night so by morning my redness has gone.  Yet I'm still (relatively) clean shaven, silly really. ;D
Not stuck in the 60's