Author Topic: Uniqlo  (Read 22102 times)

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
Re: Uniqlo
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2020, 11:06:06 AM »
I like the look of them too. Would have liked a dark blue as opposed to black in the range though. I agree with Rod that cotton that has the wool sort of look is my preference too and I prefer a pearlised button in the same colour as opposed to what look like plastic but that is easy changed. As discussed often it aint just about the spread or size of the collar it is how it sits up on the neck. Too many of these type of tops I've bought just hang to low giving the general silhouette of a T Shirt. I prefer mine to sit a little higher so if worn with a jacket actually show a little much like a proper shirt.  Good shout though GS

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2020, 11:29:58 AM »
That size collar, coveted by many on here, is about the limit Id like for myself but I do like that rusty colour so if theyre on the racks next time Im in New York I may take a closer look. Im hoping theyre cotton not wool - much easier to wash!

Cheers, Rod! I'm pretty sure they'll be cotton, because of the low price and the Spring/Summer season they belong to. I also get more use of cotton than wool numbers.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2020, 11:30:44 AM »
Good collar, thanks for the heads up, GS!

De nada, C, un placer, pero recuerda: nada de nada hasta el da 20

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2020, 11:33:03 AM »
I like the look of them too. Would have liked a dark blue as opposed to black in the range though. I agree with Rod that cotton that has the wool sort of look is my preference too and I prefer a pearlised button in the same colour as opposed to what look like plastic but that is easy changed. As discussed often it aint just about the spread or size of the collar it is how it sits up on the neck. Too many of these type of tops I've bought just hang to low giving the general silhouette of a T Shirt. I prefer mine to sit a little higher so if worn with a jacket actually show a little much like a proper shirt.  Good shout though GS

Mart, good idea re. replacing the buttons but I'd prefer pearl/white ones, I'll possibly follow that route too.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2020, 04:12:00 AM »

This is a good point Martin.
I did a blog post a while back about how wearing a polo shirt under a jacket / suit was a regular look for me some time ago, but for the exact reason you mentioned about the way the collar lies flat and slips down under a jacket collar is why I moved away from it. If the collar has some substance to stand up a bit under a jacket it looks so much better. Its not such a big deal of course if you plan on wearing these polo shirts as the outer layer.

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2020, 03:52:40 PM »
PS if youre looking for one in dark/navy blue check out Tyrwhitt. Although this ones merino not cotton.

https://www.ctshirts.com/us/navy-polo-collar-merino-sweater/KNJ0344NAV.html?pf=browse#q=Merino&currentPageNum=7&sz=144&start=125

Edit - Bollocks! Just clicked on the link to check it works and it comes up as sold out!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 03:55:48 PM by Rod »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2020, 04:21:03 PM »
There are some brands making them, like Alan Payne or John Smedley, but Uniqlo prices are hard to beat

The Laird of Enfield

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2020, 11:57:39 PM »

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2020, 09:24:48 AM »
These ur decent

https://www.houseofbruar.com/mens-merino-shirt-neck/

Not bad, Laird, especially as there are lots of colours to choose from, but sizes are for, erm, well fed gents (42" chest a Small ?!?!), and collars could be a tad bigger.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2020, 01:37:46 PM »
These ur decent

https://www.houseofbruar.com/mens-merino-shirt-neck/

Not bad, Laird, especially as there are lots of colours to choose from, but sizes are for, erm, well fed gents (42" chest a Small ?!?!), and collars could be a tad bigger.

House of Baur - retailers to the British center half community.  .
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!