Author Topic: I'd Wear That...  (Read 866998 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: I'd Wear That...
« Reply #3210 on: April 17, 2021, 11:45:07 AM »

Hmm, and Rod, you're not alone in your loathing of safari jackets, they wouldn't look good even in a safari! There's another particular reason for not liking them: since some years ago they seem to be the rage among the fashionista contingent of the Spanish posh crowd, like the gurkha strides and the tebas.

Javier??
[/quote]

;D

Actually, this type of jacket, one of the contributions of Spanish tailoring to the sartorial world:

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: April 17, 2021, 11:52:15 AM »
Nothing too groundbreaking, tbh, but as classic wardrobe staples goes, this couple of COS newbies look quite nice (the silk panel on the short sleeve cardie, for instance, is a great detail):

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: April 18, 2021, 02:33:04 PM »

Actually, this type of jacket, one of the contributions of Spanish tailoring to the sartorial world:

Well, that's pretty hideous, color is pretty awful,and it looks 100% polyester. Frankly I don't see even a faint resemblance to the Cifonelli piece I posted (let alone a "safari" jacket), but that's me, I guess.
It's easy to forget, but I try to remember what Sly said all those years ago: "Different strokes, for different folks"...  ;)
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: April 18, 2021, 04:29:46 PM »

Well, that's pretty hideous, color is pretty awful,and it looks 100% polyester. Frankly I don't see even a faint resemblance to the Cifonelli piece I posted (let alone a "safari" jacket), but that's me, I guess.
It's easy to forget, but I try to remember what Sly said all those years ago: "Different strokes, for different folks"...  ;)

Just replying to Simon, Mike, on the subject of what a Spanish "teba" was, nothing to do with any Safari jacket or the Cifonelli jacket you posted.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: April 18, 2021, 07:24:36 PM »

Just replying to Simon, Mike, on the subject of what a Spanish "teba" was, nothing to do with any Safari jacket or the Cifonelli jacket you posted.

I find it interesting what they call that colour , l really do . The name it got the other day l could not pronounce. Strange.  .

. .anyway how is Javier getting on. . 8)
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: April 19, 2021, 09:24:42 AM »
We call that colour "camel" here.

I'll give your regards to mr. Tebas, Simon  ;D

Chilli

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: April 23, 2021, 12:11:07 PM »
These look nice on the Anglozine website - https://www.anglozine.london/search?q=soleri

Not sure how fitted they are; on one of the pictures they look a little baggy, but that might just be the camera angle.  Not cheap either (180), but they certainly look to be quality.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: April 24, 2021, 12:21:32 PM »
These look nice on the Anglozine website - https://www.anglozine.london/search?q=soleri

Not sure how fitted they are; on one of the pictures they look a little baggy, but that might just be the camera angle.  Not cheap either (180), but they certainly look to be quality.

I like them too, Paul, Dave has featured them on the His Knibs site (https://www.hisknibs.com/soleri-vintage-style-knitted-t-shirt-by-anglozine/); an interesting detail is the "hidden" pocket on the side seam, quite practical for small items. But for a more affordable take on the knitted striped tee, the Farafield ones seem hard to beat: https://www.farafield.uk/knitwear/newport-t-shirt-arabesque-orange-white-sand-organic-cotton/

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3218 on: April 24, 2021, 07:33:21 PM »
Hot too keen on the pale lemon almost white GS. My pasty complexion wouldn't be able to carry it off, would look better on tanned and olive skin tones
Do it well

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: April 25, 2021, 11:54:20 AM »
Hot too keen on the pale lemon almost white GS. My pasty complexion wouldn't be able to carry it off, would look better on tanned and olive skin tones

Yep, that's an issue some people disregard, LM, but skin tone must also be considered before choosing garments' colours.