Author Topic: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...  (Read 682939 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...
« Reply #2050 on: March 25, 2021, 11:50:55 AM »
I think we have access to Lands End in this country.  I just realized they used to send me their catalogue, l haven't had it for a while but it has been a while since l ordered from them . If l recall correctly they don't cater so much for the small faces, our centre-halfs will be fine though.

Problem with the UK/European Lands' End's webstore is they don't stock even half of what's in its Yankee counterpart. I find their S size shirts are OK for me, not especially slim but neither tent-like.
Yes , l think the last item l got was a polo shirt and wasn't that slim but not baggy and certainly not ' muscle fit'.

In other news , recent items from the USA have not incurred import duty/extra charges , even on commercial equipment . It maybe that they slipped up (l doubt that ) or it is due to Breakfast.  😇
I wont make any deals with you , I've resigned. .
I wont be pushed, filed , stamped , indexed , briefed , debriefed OR NUMBERED!

Rod

• Style in the Modern World
    • View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: March 25, 2021, 01:45:03 PM »
I think we have access to Lands End in this country.  I just realized they used to send me their catalogue, l haven't had it for a while but it has been a while since l ordered from them . If l recall correctly they don't cater so much for the small faces, our centre-halfs will be fine though.

Problem with the UK/European Lands' End's webstore is they don't stock even half of what's in its Yankee counterpart. I find their S size shirts are OK for me, not especially slim but neither tent-like.

Yeah it’s a bit of a lottery. I mentioned in my last blog post that most things I buy are medium. I’m six feet one and 38 chest, but the few LE shirts I got are small. LE has ‘traditional’ and ‘tailored’ fits but not all shirts are available in both so tread carefully but they have some good looking gear right now and in colours/patterns you don’t see eg bright pink gingham check in seersucker cotton. I forgot to mention they have madras shirts too. Not sure how authentic. We’ve discussed before how ‘madras’ is supposed to mean the rough spun cheesecloth fabric, usually dyed in a check pattern that would often ‘bleed’ in the wash but some people use ‘madras’ just to mean some bright colourful check that isn’t a traditional tartan. I have a LE madras shirt from a few years ago. Loose fitting, BD collar, box pleat, short sleeve, bright check pattern. Probably not authentic madras but works as a ‘holiday shirt’!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2052 on: March 25, 2021, 07:46:53 PM »

Yeah it’s a bit of a lottery. I mentioned in my last blog post that most things I buy are medium. I’m six feet one and 38 chest, but the few LE shirts I got are small. LE has ‘traditional’ and ‘tailored’ fits but not all shirts are available in both so tread carefully but they have some good looking gear right now and in colours/patterns you don’t see eg bright pink gingham check in seersucker cotton. I forgot to mention they have madras shirts too. Not sure how authentic. We’ve discussed before how ‘madras’ is supposed to mean the rough spun cheesecloth fabric, usually dyed in a check pattern that would often ‘bleed’ in the wash but some people use ‘madras’ just to mean some bright colourful check that isn’t a traditional tartan. I have a LE madras shirt from a few years ago. Loose fitting, BD collar, box pleat, short sleeve, bright check pattern. Probably not authentic madras but works as a ‘holiday shirt’!

Yep, most brands use the term "madras" in a loose sense these days, meaning cotton with a non-tartan check, as apparently the hand-looming and use of vegetable dyings are but finished in India.

I've seen their new seersucker and "madras" shirts and I agree some of them are quite nice.

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: June 17, 2021, 04:02:09 PM »
Oi Polloi summer sale is on

https://www.oipolloi.com/collections/sale-clothing

Few Mod centric brands in there to browse through - no massive surprises, but some cheaper Beams Plus which is always a bonus

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: June 17, 2021, 05:39:43 PM »
Oi Polloi summer sale is on

https://www.oipolloi.com/collections/sale-clothing

Few Mod centric brands in there to browse through - no massive surprises, but some cheaper Beams Plus which is always a bonus

Thanx for the heads up, Robin. Don't know you, gents, but I find Oi Polloi offer less and less interesting with each passing year. Some years ago, it was a go-to webstore, even if only to drool with the latest product by some Japanese and US brands, but last years it's not easy -apart from a few brands like the one Robin mentioned, that's easy to locate and cheaper in other webstores like End anyway- to find any garment that really excite me. Maybe it's me, though. 

Robin_Wick

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2055 on: June 20, 2021, 09:53:01 AM »
Anglozine reduce prices for summer - love this top, which is now essentially half price

https://www.anglozine.london/products/aa-ss-21-soleri-green

Also very keen on this jacket (but do I really need another jacket...?)

https://www.anglozine.london/collections/outerwear/products/aa-ss21-island-jacket-biscuit-🍪

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: June 21, 2021, 11:21:06 AM »
Anglozine reduce prices for summer - love this top, which is now essentially half price

https://www.anglozine.london/products/aa-ss-21-soleri-green

Also very keen on this jacket (but do I really need another jacket...?)

https://www.anglozine.london/collections/outerwear/products/aa-ss21-island-jacket-biscuit-🍪
Missed a pair of jeans he had up there this Spring, too bad they sold out because this is a good sale...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: June 26, 2021, 09:30:50 AM »
Talking of jeans, the jeans in the photo with the jacket look too large
Do it well

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: June 26, 2021, 11:04:49 AM »
Talking of jeans, the jeans in the photo with the jacket look too large
Described as "Mid 1960's Style". So I'm guessing a straight cut, not, slim cut, tapered or "skinny"..
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: June 30, 2021, 04:55:18 PM »
Most of you will be aware of it by now, but just of a reminder of an ever appealing sale:

https://www.farafield.uk/