Author Topic: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...  (Read 780798 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Clothes bargains, pass 'em on...
« Reply #2100 on: October 02, 2021, 06:36:25 PM »
I like that! Interesting weave pattern adds a cool twist.
I got a knitted polo from Next a couple of years ago that worked out really well for me. It was flagged up on here and the “collar Nazis”😁 expressed their disapproval!

I don’t like ridiculously skimpy collars but probably have a greater tolerance for smaller collars than many on here. It turns out that if I wear it with the top button undone there’s more collar to fold back so it doesn’t look as narrow as in the publicity pics. Just something to keep in mind if a smaller collar appears to be a deal breaker.

Good point, Rod. I don't consider myself a "collar Nazi" by any means  ;D, it's all a matter of proportions to me. Currently high street companies tend to offer too small collars for their polos (what about the BD shirts!  :-\), even me being admittedly a slim, short fella.

That Next's number is (just) on the acceptable side for me, but as you say if you wear them with top button undone -something I'm doing increasingly last years- it surely won't look so bad. On the other side, I don't like those huge curved collars that are the rage among purists, they look a bit ridiculous, on me at least.

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: October 25, 2021, 04:08:23 PM »
If your are in the market for a stone coloured Harrington style jacket this may be it , from Next . The cotton is better quality here than Baracuta and Ben Sherman with a slimmer cut too(no baggy sleeves) but the deal breaker may be the lack of plaid linning(it is a floral linning) . The good news is no superfluous logo on the chest this time which they have deployed on their previous Harrington designs. .they are @£55

LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2102 on: October 31, 2021, 10:49:55 PM »
Not really my cup of char but l know some of you are keen on Far Afield , this is half price in Stuarts sale . .

https://imgur.com/a/FnF1QTd
« Last Edit: November 01, 2021, 02:15:42 PM by Simon Bond »
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: November 01, 2021, 11:34:13 AM »
Not really my cup of char but l know some of yousre keen on Far Afield , this is half price in Stuarts sale . .

https://imgur.com/a/FnF1QTd

Got myself that one, very nice

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: November 01, 2021, 03:26:58 PM »
If your are in the market for a stone coloured Harrington style jacket this may be it , from Next . The cotton is better quality here than Baracuta and Ben Sherman with a slimmer cut too(no baggy sleeves) but the deal breaker may be the lack of plaid linning(it is a floral linning) . The good news is no superfluous logo on the chest this time which they have deployed on their previous Harrington designs. .they are @£55

Quite nice especially if you can get a sizable discount from next..... like me. :D
Not stuck in the 60's

Lord Mulberry

• Absolute Beginner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: November 02, 2021, 07:12:21 PM »
Wait what, don't you have to be over 70 to wear beige?   :-X
Do it well

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: November 02, 2021, 08:44:22 PM »

Nah , nah it is stone man , stone not beige ;D 8)
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: November 04, 2021, 06:45:34 PM »
Finally nailed a RL Paisley Pattern shirt in TKMaxx for 30sov's.  They also had Fred Perry button down collar long sleeved shirts , granted the collars are bit on the small side for our purposes, l didn't buy any incase l was mistaken for one of those Proud Boys we were hearing about. . .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: November 05, 2021, 11:16:25 AM »
Finally nailed a RL Paisley Pattern shirt in TKMaxx for 30sov's.  They also had Fred Perry button down collar long sleeved shirts , granted the collars are bit on the small side for our purposes, l didn't buy any incase l was mistaken for one of those Proud Boys we were hearing about. . .

Pic of the RL, please!

dazlcfc

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: November 05, 2021, 12:43:28 PM »

Judging by the pictures posted on here most of them are.
 :D ;D

;)
Not stuck in the 60's