Author Topic: Seen any good films recently?  (Read 199065 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: Seen any good films recently?
« Reply #560 on: April 14, 2021, 05:47:06 PM »

Did you manage to watch the film, RAFA? It's a bit silly in places but some nice street scenes.

Not yet, Mo, I'll try to next weekend, though watching movies in my computer isn't the best cinematographic experience, tbh

Mo

• Turn off your mind,relax and float down stream
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: April 15, 2021, 02:27:53 PM »

Did you manage to watch the film, RAFA? It's a bit silly in places but some nice street scenes.

Not yet, Mo, I'll try to next weekend, though watching movies in my computer isn't the best cinematographic experience, tbh
Of course, it's much better watching on TV. Can you get Talking Pictures over there, RAFA as it was on last night.
And my soul has been psychedelicized.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: April 15, 2021, 05:56:57 PM »

Of course, it's much better watching on TV. Can you get Talking Pictures over there, RAFA as it was on last night.

Talking Pictures is a platform that pops up often in discussions with Brit friends, but we can't access that here to my knowledge. The closest available to us is Filmin, that houses thousands of movies, and which I should subscribe to, but not sure if I'd find the time to capitalise on it.

Adam

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: April 16, 2021, 10:58:56 AM »
If you're a Jane Fonda fan (who isn't)  then she looks amazing in the superb " They shoot horses, Don't they?" . Re watched the other day after many years and still brilliant although a little depressing.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: April 16, 2021, 04:55:46 PM »
If you're a Jane Fonda fan (who isn't)  then she looks amazing in the superb " They shoot horses, Don't they?" . Re watched the other day after many years and still brilliant although a little depressing.

Long time no see, o beloved sponsor! I watched that on Spanish tv eons ago; good movie, but I make you right, not the most cheerful out there.

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #565 on: April 25, 2021, 02:26:52 PM »
Giving this a whirl

https://youtu.be/iDauQG9M-7s

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: April 26, 2021, 10:49:16 PM »
Finally watched "The Trial of the Chicago 7" over the weekend.
Really well done "docu-drama", I was afraid a 2 hour+ court room film would be a "snoozer" , but, oh no...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

Mo

• View Profile
« Reply #567 on: April 27, 2021, 02:32:19 PM »
Really well done "docu-drama", I was afraid a 2 hour+ court room film would be a "snoozer" , but, oh no...

I'm not one for court stuff but this is a cracking film,Mike.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: April 27, 2021, 05:29:28 PM »

I'm not one for court stuff but this is a cracking film,Mike.

Agreed, Mo.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: April 27, 2021, 10:38:25 PM »

I re-watched "Klute" the other day, "Horses" is also available on the Criterion Channel ( I took a subscription last Winter, when I canceled my DVD Netflix subscription) it's on my list.
ALSO worth checking out if you have the Criterion Channel is "Palermo Shooting" directed by Wim Wenders, one of my favs ever since I saw "Wings of Desire" years ago..