Author Topic: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.  (Read 207216 times)

Simon Bond

• Is it me for a moment . .
    • View Profile
Re: What gigs have you been to? feedback ect.
« Reply #530 on: February 07, 2020, 05:51:27 PM »
Love this fella mate. Been into him for a couple of years and have his CDs. Not seen that he comes to the UK much so I am very envious. Great photos and a top review too. The fella really is ace.

Mart, he was stunning onstage and a top guy later, we were chatting quite a bit. I know he was playing Germany later in the month, so I guess it's an European tour of sorts. Check out dates on FB, maybe he'll do any date in London (well technically not Europe anymore  ::))?

A funny anecdote I've forgotten to mention in my review is when I was complimenting their very young trumpet player on the gig. I tell the guy: "Some nice Mod music you've played" and he stares at me with a blank expression in his face: "Mod... What's that?". I laugh and reply: "Go ask your boss". A while later he approaches to me smiling: "Now I know what you were talking about"

Most of the Spanish hombres l met back in the day , could not get the concept of Mod . The dress code usually got met with a shrug of the shoulders and usually the music got a passing interest. Local live acts and big American acts were popular.  .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 08, 2020, 10:45:39 AM »
Love this fella mate. Been into him for a couple of years and have his CDs. Not seen that he comes to the UK much so I am very envious. Great photos and a top review too. The fella really is ace.

Mart, he was stunning onstage and a top guy later, we were chatting quite a bit. I know he was playing Germany later in the month, so I guess it's an European tour of sorts. Check out dates on FB, maybe he'll do any date in London (well technically not Europe anymore  ::))?

A funny anecdote I've forgotten to mention in my review is when I was complimenting their very young trumpet player on the gig. I tell the guy: "Some nice Mod music you've played" and he stares at me with a blank expression in his face: "Mod... What's that?". I laugh and reply: "Go ask your boss". A while later he approaches to me smiling: "Now I know what you were talking about"

Most of the Spanish hombres l met back in the day , could not get the concept of Mod . The dress code usually got met with a shrug of the shoulders and usually the music got a passing interest. Local live acts and big American acts were popular.  .

And it's still the same, I guess, but that guy was French; anyway, very young and with a bun on top of his head obviously he wasn't well versed in Modernism.  8)

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 08, 2020, 01:13:18 PM »

And it's still the same, I guess, but that guy was French; anyway, very young and with a bun on top of his head obviously he wasn't well versed in Modernism.  8)
You speak French!
Yes you are probably right , despite continental style being plundered back in the day , Mod is still a very British style and is always likely to be.  .to most others it would appear the concept is alien , maybe whimsical or redundant for them

Whatever you do when you see the bun on top of the head , don't cut the bun off because l know it upsets them . . .l did it once but l think l got away with it. .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!

Martin G

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 08, 2020, 01:41:36 PM »
Great little follow up story too mate. Love it.

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 08, 2020, 03:31:30 PM »

You speak French!

Nah, that's the missus and the kid, we talked in English. Same with A. Evans, but after all his mother is British!

Simon Bond

• View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 08, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »

You speak French!

Nah, that's the missus and the kid, we talked in English. Same with A. Evans, but after all his mother is British!
A plus tard. .
LET'S GO BRANDON!!