Author Topic: What are your style influences / aspirations ?  (Read 30505 times)

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
Re: What are your style influences / aspirations ?
« Reply #80 on: November 26, 2021, 05:25:59 PM »
Ive always liked Pete Dohertys style from the early Libertines era

The Libertines (at least Doherty and Barat) had a great "wasted Mod" look, a authentic "swagger" and their music was fantastic IMO... the last band that I was really blown away by...

A shame they -especifically Doherty- chose behaving like t**ts and wasting their talent amidst parties and smack.

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 27, 2021, 02:56:05 PM »

The Libertines (at least Doherty and Barat) had a great "wasted Mod" look, a authentic "swagger" and their music was fantastic IMO... the last band that I was really blown away by...

A shame they -especifically Doherty- chose behaving like t**ts and wasting their talent amidst parties and smack.

These kids need to learn, not everyone is "Keith"...
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 28, 2021, 01:17:45 PM »

;D Watched the documentary about him recently. Not sure to what extent it has been "staged" but he keeps drinking and smoking without giving a damn!!

detroitmike

• Just joined
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 28, 2021, 01:41:19 PM »

;D Watched the documentary about him recently. Not sure to what extent it has been "staged" but he keeps drinking and smoking without giving a damn!!
Now I heard about a year or so ago he quit smoking, and only has the "occasional" beer or glass of wine... said he had become "bored" of drinking. ;D
"War is not the answer, because only love can conquer hate..."

greenstreet

• Same beat
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 28, 2021, 06:42:09 PM »

Now I heard about a year or so ago he quit smoking, and only has the "occasional" beer or glass of wine... said he had become "bored" of drinking. ;D

He's in his prime  ;D